Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

hey Mod's....

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Rumpfy 
#1 ·
BP and Rumphy...

Since it seems road bikes are being accepted here (almost daily it seems), how about a special thread to list them like you did for "garage sale, thriftstore, lowend bikes" a while back. While I agree they are a good mode of transportation, they are not Mountain bikes and therefore don't fit in a Mountain bike forum. And yes, even the ones that have ties to Mountain bikes.

whats good for the goose.......;)

#4 ·
hollister said:
let he who is without sin, cast the first stone

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=409755&highlight=road
Oh, I'm definately a "sinner".....:D But I throw boulders, not stones :p

Yes, I've posted road bikes...but usually to show what I traded to get a Mountain bike. :)

#5 ·
azjeff said:
Silly old bike hoarder. You know it's all about the name. Put the right name on anything and it's cool.:p

(How many orcas did you see?)

No PMs - it's not for sale.
I'm pretty sure that's mis-labeled..I'm positive from the classic lines that it's a POTts :D

(no Orcas but some Otters, Seals and a pod? of Dolphins playing alongside the ferry. Pretty cool.)

#10 ·
Are you going to post pictures of bikes?

I don't hang around here that often and am off the back with regard to the toilet. I would guess that that implies something, but don't know what. Would somebody enlighten me?

By the way, the "POTts" comment was GENIUS word play. Good one.

Chuey

#11 ·
chuey said:
Are you going to post pictures of bikes?

I don't hang around here that often and am off the back with regard to the toilet. I would guess that that implies something, but don't know what. Would somebody enlighten me?

By the way, the "POTts" comment was GENIUS word play. Good one.

Chuey
The Cunningham "pot" isn't meant to imply anything about 'hams. Just a poke in the ribs at the (mostly left coast) blue-blood collectors who share the idea that only the highest examples of early MTB equipment belong here. As well as anything associated with those hallowed names.:p

The OP is miffed 'cause some of his MTB finds get dissed but roadbikes with the correct pedigree are welcomed.:rolleyes:

#12 ·
azjeff said:
The Cunningham "pot" isn't meant to imply anything about 'hams. Just a poke in the ribs at the (mostly left coast) blue-blood collectors who share the idea that only the highest examples of early MTB equipment belong here. As well as anything associated with those hallowed names.:p

The OP is miffed 'cause some of his MTB finds get dissed but roadbikes with the correct pedigree are welcomed.:rolleyes:
miffed Jeff? not me:D , I just think it would clean up the threads to have a singular place where roadbike afficianados(sp?) could view those bikes. While I think the roadbike forum would be the best place, a specially titled thread here would at least group them together here. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
I'm not into micro-managing the VRC.

I don't generally care for seeing road bikes (especially crappy ones) and I quite dislike seeing dumpy bikes (or entry level, blue collar, Stan bikes, whatever you want to call them)...but I have never closed or deleted a thread for either reason.

The blue collar thread didn't take off...I suspect the same will be true of a road bike thread in the VRC. Either way, those types of threads will lose steam and drop into the doldrums.

#14 · (Edited)
Rumpfy said:
I'm not into micro-managing the VRC.

and I quite dislike seeing dumpy bikes (or entry level, blue collar, Stan bikes, whatever you want to call them)...but I have never closed or deleted a thread for either reason.
wow, I'm hurt :eek: ....:rolleyes:

Rumpfy, I was just suggesting an idea to help clean up the forum. I wasn't being personal. But I guess if thats your thing...go for it :confused: .

I suppose now I'll hear from "superstupid4bikes".....;)

#17 ·
stan4bikes said:
no reason for you to be miffed...you collect "Blueblood" bikes but still respect the "lesser" models. :thumbsup:
I was referring to the accusation that all the Cunningham collectors are in Cali.

I respect everything. Now show me some respect and if you have an issue send me a PM rather than a trolling post ;)

For what its worth, it wouldn't make sense to have a road thread since these posts are nearly always from first time or low post-count posters. When people that have been here a while post road bikes they are nearly always on-topic. Furthermore, I recall it was you that didn't dig the idea of the the blue collar thread so I don't know why you've had the change of heart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.