Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have never been to Vermont and she wants to visit somewhere not too far from the Burlington airport...

a couple questions....

How are the current covid restrictions for everything? Is this a foolish idea regardless of the MTB side of things? We're from a small town in Ohio with very low impact.

Are stores and restaurants open? If I wanted to take one day and ride some trails are there bike rentals available right now and trails open near Burlington or Stowe?

...looking at mid September or October

Thanks in advance for the heads up!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Info on State of Vermont i'm sure.

some of it....

Didn't see anything about trail closures, etc. Figured I'd go straight to the source here instead... Thought I might get some more nuance from actual residents too.

·
2,603 Posts
https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel

Please put off your trip if your county doesn’t meet the guidelines. Vermont also has a state wide mask mandate.

Most restaurants are open for take out only, some have outdoor seating available. Not sure about bike rentals but I’m sure if you call around Stowe you can probably find some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel

Please put off your trip if your county doesn’t meet the guidelines. Vermont also has a state wide mask mandate.

Most restaurants are open for take out only, some have outdoor seating available. Not sure about bike rentals but I’m sure if you call around Stowe you can probably find some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, shoot. I hadn't seen that map. We're a little higher than 400 active per million so it wouldn't be possible anyway.

Thanks for the link. I guess we'll catch VT some time in the future.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Friends of mine were just up to Kingdom Trails. Trails were open as well as restaurants. I didn't see too many masks from pics they took.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
What I've observed: Trails are open, many but not all restaurants/breweries/bars are open. Masks required indoors, and most don't seem to bother wearing them until they go indoors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My wife and I have never been to Vermont and she wants to visit somewhere not too far from the Burlington airport...

a couple questions....

How are the current covid restrictions for everything? Is this a foolish idea regardless of the MTB side of things? We're from a small town in Ohio with very low impact.

Are stores and restaurants open? If I wanted to take one day and ride some trails are there bike rentals available right now and trails open near Burlington or Stowe?

...looking at mid September or October

Thanks in advance for the heads up!

If you're flying, it doesn't matter what the rate is where you're from, you have to consider the risk of everyone on the flight sharing the same recirculated air.

Vermont's COVID rates are relatively low, but Chittenden County has the highest concentration; it's the worst place to go in VT and flying is the worst way to get there.

Vermont's mask compliance is pretty high; most people don't wear masks when biking or eating/drinking outside, so pictures might not be representative of reality in that regard.

It's not time to be traveling around for fun, in short.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I was at KT late July. Pretty typical of what we have in NY (Dutchess county; under 400 cases per). Masks when inside; restaurants serving outdoor services. Went to Manchester soon thereafter. Hot mess. One restaurant was open for take out along with a parking lot food vendor. The attitude was borderline hysteria. NE Kingdom had it right. Tooo many MAHoles and NY'ers in the Manchester area :))

Before you flame me....I'm a born MAHole and I grew up in western MA not far from Manchester. All said in jest!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts