Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Joe i would,nt want your job!!! being the visible face of a large company on the Net.

But all kiding aside you do a good job and give the owners some vauble information and insight, and even though i have had a moan i still love my Dawg and respect the company so thank you and keep it up buddy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mzungo,
Thanks for the kind words!

I really love my job. It gets crazy sometimes, and I do get some strange e-mails, but it really is fun. I don't spend enough time on these forums, but I do tend to get pulled in a lot of different directions. Either way, all I do is talk about bikes all day, and that's pretty cool!

I even get to talk about cheap beer like PBR to ebextreme and cool bands like Skinny Puppy to phxartboy. Now if only someone starts bringing up the books I like, we will have touched on just about everything!

Cheers,
Joe.

·
Registered
Giant STP
61 Posts
Hey Joe:
This may be a stupid question, but is your company aware that you are representing them on this public forum? If so, that's really cool because I don't know too many companies that do that. As Mzungo mentioned, you do a good job and it's always nice to know that our rants and raves are being heard by someone from within, even though us forum users make up a small percentage of the market.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Couldn't agree more....

Joe, Your alright in my book. I've seen of posts that are quite raw and you handle them with a lot of class. The PTB's at Kona should be proud of how you represent the company. It says a LOT for Kona. Make no mistake. Now make one off-color remark about Ibex and you get Jack (the President believe it or not) coming after you like you fouled his daughter. Gime a break! Not the way to represent your company especially in his position. So let's raise our Beers for Joe Kona. :thumbsup: He's a credit to his breed. :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
bee-man said:
Hey Joe:
This may be a stupid question, but is your company aware that you are representing them on this public forum? If so, that's really cool because I don't know too many companies that do that. As Mzungo mentioned, you do a good job and it's always nice to know that our rants and raves are being heard by someone from within, even though us forum users make up a small percentage of the market.
:thumbsup:
Geez, guys, you're going to make me all misty-eyed! And here I was just defending why I post on here.

Anyway, I am sure others at Kona know I post on here. Actually, I do know I do, because I got asked a question about something a while back. I never really made an announcement, it just makes sence. There's a lot of Kona owner's that peruse this forum, sol I thought it was nice to post on here. That's all. We don't really have a structure that is so, uh, structured at Kona. If for some reason the powers that be want me to stop, they will let me know. We generally like hearing what people have to say, anyway.

And my Ipod is in a strange mood tonight. Two Aice Cooper songs out of ten or so since I turned it on, out of about 14,000. That's weird. And those songs wouldn't even be there if our team mechanic/demo dude/guy that drives more than any sane man should put it on there.

There's my geeky factoid of the day, hope you all enjoyed it.

Cheers,
Joe.

·
Stinkyest of the Stinkys!
110 Posts
LeopardDog said:
Joe, Your alright in my book. I've seen of posts that are quite raw and you handle them with a lot of class. The PTB's at Kona should be proud of how you represent the company. It says a LOT for Kona. Make no mistake. Now make one off-color remark about Ibex and you get Jack (the President believe it or not) coming after you like you fouled his daughter. Gime a break! Not the way to represent your company especially in his position. So let's raise our Beers for Joe Kona. :thumbsup: He's a credit to his breed. :D
Spot on, LeopardDog!

Jeez Joe, it never dawned on me the kind of stuff you have to deal with in your job. I just read the thread about the guy from NZ who couldn't get bushings, and a few of the other postings here. The fact that you are out here showing some love to Kona's customers, taking some heat, and sticking up for your brand, just impresses the hell out of me. You truly rock, dude! I just bought my first Kona in April, and am having such a good time with it that I'm now building up a 2004 Stinky Dee-Lux from a frame. Learning about your level of concern for - and dedication to - your customers just makes me even happier that I bought a Kona. If you tell me how to send props for you to Dan and Jake or whoever's in charge around there, I will - you deserve it, man! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hey man, I'm onna the freaks that bought a Kona "joe" and couldnt be happier with it. My kid loves riding rail trails and boardwalks with me and he's now getting into the park scene. I, of course, still have my stinky primo, but its good to ride something a little "different" sometimes. Lots of people ask if I built it, but I only say I wish. pedals up hills better than my primo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.