Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I am new to the forum and freeriding, just got my first real bike its a ironhorse yakuza aniki. I have been out a couple times already and love it. here are a couple pics but ya just thought I would introduce myself. Later

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
welcome to the forum......man we love guys who take pictures...even if they are small just post them

again welcome dude:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys my helmet is my dirtbike helmet i had to buy it once i saw it lol. my aniki is a 07 but the frame seems to be the 06 style but the paint decals and everything else on the bike is the 07 stuff. anyone know why the would use the 06 frame and change everything to 07 ? my guess was they had some extras left over so they jsut used em up what do u guys think?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
excellent, i've seen some picture cool custom aniki's, I'm definitely digging the black and your helmet ....
welcome to the forum .. and i don't think they really changed anything from the 06 to the 07, other than some color .. but i could be wrong.

btw - everyone loves a single pivot bike.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i have the 06 aniki and i would have to say yours looks nicer. anikis are such a good deal. i only paid $700 and i got a 7" travel frame 1.5 headtube and good components for the price. where did you get your aniki? if you got it off randell scott for about the same price you could have got the 06 ojiki.

enjoy your bike

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey thanks for the positive feed back guys i will hopefully get some nice actions shot to post up soon. Ironhorsebryce i got my bike at sportcheck its the only dealer for them in canada which sucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ya, i've got a built aniki as well.....and welcome to the forum!!! you'll find that as you progress your skills that the stock aniki suspension will hold you back (particularly the rear shock), right now if you haven't added a stronger spring to the x-fusion shock you're only running about 5 inches of travel....with a 8.75x3inch shock you'll get about 6.75 inches of travel. also, the fork sucks as well, absolutely no rebound dampening.....i just put on a domain 318.....world of a difference. first thing though, that rear shock needs to be replaced, it belongs on a 5 inch frame, but that is one of the reasons the aniki sells so cheaply at first. it is a great albeit heavy frame to build up as your riding progresses. have fun dude!!!! and yeah....bike helmets are a hell of alot lighter than MX helmets...your neck will thank you after a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.