Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Depends on the the chainstay clearance. Someone else with the frame might know what clearance you'll have for a ring as large as a 44t. If you're good at measuring you could determine this for yourself. A 44t is going to have a radius about 1 inch larger than a 32t. I think that's stock. So see if that would hit if you extrapolate it from your existing ring.

Next up, bottom bracket. Get a Shimano one if you don't care about weight. They're dependable. You'll need to know what width. Measure the rear chainline. The ENO cranks have a 47.5mm chainline with a 113mm BB spindle. If your rear chainline is 52mm you need to move the cranks 4.5mm out, so a 9mm longer spindle is require. You'll need a 122mm spindle.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I was just thinking too... the XXIX has an EBB. If clearance is tight, you might be able to set your chain length a little longer and tension towards the front of the bike. I would do the measurements with the EBB all the way back and see where you can go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.