Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its cold, I haven't seen dirt or rocks since forever and I can't ride outside. Time for another mtb movie night? Then at least we can watch other people ride!

I just got Earthed 4 (the latest) and its really good! But that is to be expected from the Earthed series. As mentioned before I've got plenty more mtb vids that'll knock yer socks off, too.

Speaking of DORC, any new reports? Did we ever get a website/forum up?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Movie Night

Yeah, we are thinking of having another movie night coming up soon. We are planning to have it some where else though this time, maybe even a bar so we can enjoy some beverages while we watch. The club is moving along pretty well, we are meeting with the city here pretty soon to start talking about some new trails. We are still working on a website, we should have something up and going by spring time. We are thinking a trail list, picture gallery, ride schedule, list of area races, news, etc. Let me know if you or anyone has any good ideas for the club. Hope everyone is having a good winter. Later

-Ross-

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
slickrockross said:
Hope everyone is having a good winter. Later
-Ross-
Is there such a thing? We tried braving the elements here a week ago...even slapped on the 2.1 Maxxis Wetscreams aka pizza cutters. Snow's too cold to crumble, so you just get dragged all over. Adam fell through a creek up to his knees. Stood in it b!tchin for a solid 5 minutes before it occurred to him to get out. Another 1/4 mile to the truck after that. He was cold. I lost it on a steep(remember that one over the tree limb, Ryan?) try it in the snow... hit two trees, jacked my wrist and I have a yellow elbow still.

·
Looking for Trails
92 Posts
Haven't posted in awhile, but definitely still interested in seeing what the club does. Haven't had the nerve to brave the elements in a month or two, but the new shifters come in tomorrow, so will be looking to ride as soon as it's warm enough to actually make dent in the snow. Later

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slickrockross said:
Yeah, we are thinking of having another movie night coming up soon. We are planning to have it some where else though this time, maybe even a bar so we can enjoy some beverages while we watch. The club is moving along pretty well, we are meeting with the city here pretty soon to start talking about some new trails. We are still working on a website, we should have something up and going by spring time. We are thinking a trail list, picture gallery, ride schedule, list of area races, news, etc. Let me know if you or anyone has any good ideas for the club. Hope everyone is having a good winter.
Sounds good! I like the idea of having it in a more social place than the theatre. Plus we can partake in libations! Keep us posted!

How open is the city to new trails? Think they'll go for it?

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
SylentK said:
Sounds good! I like the idea of having it in a more social place than the theatre. Plus we can partake in libations! Keep us posted!

How open is the city to new trails? Think they'll go for it?
What do you guys mean my "trails" within city limits? DJ park? Because other than that, there's not a lot of open ground just laying around citys. I'm actually pretty astounded at the chunk they found for me for my DJ park project, and that's 75' by 475' or something. And then you've got all the natural grasses people that'll stomp holes in plans for "trails" across apen areas. Good luck, is all I say, and setle in for a long battle. On a good note, my DJ park is rolling along smoothly. Aplying for grants now... THAT'S a lot of damn work!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good news about the DJ Park! Good work! That's a HUGE plot of land for DJ's. That's awesome. I'm sure your head is spinning with ideas for features. I hope it all works out!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.