Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I'm gonna be arriving in Ketchum in the early evening of the 14th and hopefully setting up camp at the Wood River Campground that is north of Ketchum. I'm gonna dink around on the area trails on the 15th and 16th. I'll probably be leaving for the 2C mid-afternoon of the 16th after getting in some local riding.

What are your epic riding plans if you are still doing 'em? What is your timeline? I'd like to time it so I can somehow get back my books and maps after you are done so I don't get lost on those trails up there!
:D

Nick

PS --- who was the guy that mentioned a good BBQ place in Kethcum. Was it garnetspur? If so...where is this place? I'd like to check it out.

·
Registered
970 Posts
belay...that place closed down (it was called bob dog). they did have some good pulled pork (pit cooked) and a tasty vinegar based bbq sauce though.

trail creek brewery has good beer (from twin), and a good pulled pork sandwich.

also, a place in hailey (forget the name momentarily...maybe it'll come back to me). it's on the west side of the road, just past the city center of hailey. they have a good pulled pork sandwich too.

not as good as bob dog was. but, not bad either.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Sure my friend. I don't think it's going to happen. I studied for 5 hrs on Sat and about 2 on Sunday so am just doing local rides. When and where do you want to hook up so I can get back to you? and thank you for loaning them to me!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Daryl --- just set you an email. Hopefully we can work something out in the next couple of days.

Sorry to hear that the epic isn't gonna happen. Maybe later this summer or fall eh?

Keep studying hard, but also make time to enjoy some play time on your 5 Spot and Dirt Bag!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nick, are you going to put together a Sunday afternoon cruise for us in SV before we NOSH at Chapallas, when we are up in Stanley at the end of the month???

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k2cruiser72 said:
Nick, are you going to put together a Sunday afternoon cruise for us in SV before we NOSH at Chapallas, when we are up in Stanley at the end of the month???
Yeah here in the tentative plans for that weekend...

Friday: Arrive and set up camp at Stanley Lake.
Saturday AM: Ride Elk Meadows.
Saturday PM: Sawtooth Music Fest.
Sunday AM: Ride Fisher-Williams.
Sunday PM: ??? I'd like to maybe ride somewhere in the Ketchum/Sun Valley area, but we'll see how we are doing on time and other things.

And Chapalas!?!? We can go to Chapalas in Garden City! I want BBQ!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Soooo...when we cant find your mythical BBQ in Sun Valley, we eat at Chapalas? AHAHA!
CBRO, you still thinking of joining the fray?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts