Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
X-Vert said:
Looks awefully like your designs. Can you sue?
ooo shizzle speak, that does like like dnut's design. oh well. that bighit actually looks pimp, where'd you get them?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Specialized website.

The 05's are out but this was the only teaser shot for their early launch.

It's the Expert model. Like the flat black paint and flames. Probably still a Jr. T although I can't see the reservior on the shock but I can't imagine they'd downgrade the Expert to have a Vanilla R vs. Vanilla RC.

Check back often for more model updates.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
X-Vert said:
The 05's are out but this was the only teaser shot for their early launch.

It's the Expert model. Like the flat black paint and flames. Probably still a Jr. T although I can't see the reservior on the shock but I can't imagine they'd downgrade the Expert to have a Vanilla R vs. Vanilla RC.

Check back often for more model updates.
and i would imagine the shock is a swinger 4 way. cant wait to see the demo 8, seriously considering one to replace my kona next season.
X-Vert said:
Probably still a Jr. T.
after looking at it somemore ive determined its a stance kingpin. reverse arch kinda gave it away.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
You sure its a reverse arch? From this angle all I can see is the black outline of the arch meeting with the black outline of the lowers. Seems hard to tell whether its in front or in back. But then again looking at the crowns and their bolt pattern it seems to match either the Stance or the Sherman whichever one...my guess is Spec went cheap and put the Kingpin on it.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
You sure its a reverse arch? From this angle all I can see is the black outline of the arch meeting with the black outline of the lowers. Seems hard to tell whether its in front or in back. But then again looking at the crowns and their bolt pattern it seems to match either the Stance or the Sherman whichever one...my guess is Spec went cheap and put the Kingpin on it.
to me the crown looks to be behind the stanchions so im just assuming. but now that i look at the crowns and bolt patterns it kinda also gives away that its not a marzo.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
And its definitely not RS. They look just like last years crown design for the Slider...

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
biker3 said:
thats a manitou. Look at the lower crown it has the exact same 2 bolts that my slider plus has theres no way thats marzochi. plus the arch would be shaped like an M.
yeah we've allready determined what it is.

·
Registered
287 Posts
nice

That matt black does look very stealth.. nice.... the stickers are cool but they would only be staying on the bike for about 15 mintues. As soon as I got it home I would have been peeling them off, I like the clean look of a no sticker bighit. That would look especially mean with the matt black.
I notice they hage gone back to bulkier lettering for the "Specialized" aswell. Pitty, I thought the really thin lettering on the 04's looks the best.
Oh well, the time always comes when your bike is "last years model" :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Jeesus thats a big step up.......

1 - 20 of 40 Posts