Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to email you this, but I don't have your email on my lapper, which is all I'm using these days.

Anyhow, had lunch with mtbjc280 at the Pumphouse Brewery here in town, and they have Kiltlifter Scottish Ale on tap. Didn't get a chance to try as I had a bit of driving to do.(went to visit the boys at Push) But definately got plans to head back and try it. I report back.

later.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I only live 6 miles from the Scottish border and 100 feet from the path of Hadrians wall, I figured that I would be able pick up a bottle :nono:
It brewed in Arizona :eek:

Sounds good though.

Quote, "Strong and tasty. This is the official beer of the RideAZ mountain bike group."

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Driving?

S-Works said:
I was going to email you this, but I don't have your email on my lapper, which is all I'm using these days.

Anyhow, had lunch with mtbjc280 at the Pumphouse Brewery here in town, and they have Kiltlifter Scottish Ale on tap. Didn't get a chance to try as I had a bit of driving to do.(went to visit the boys at Push) But definately got plans to head back and try it. I report back.

later.
How do you get in and out of your vehicle with your cast and actually drive? Or have you hired a chauffeur?

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xcguy said:
How do you get in and out of your vehicle with your cast and actually drive? Or have you hired a chauffeur?
I tried to go the chauffeured route, my wife had issues with that.

I don't have a cast. I just have a 13.5in titanium rod running down the middle of my femur. It's anchored up top thru the hip with the pin pictured in my avatar, and just above the knee with a screw.

My doc says I have to left foot brake, my Saab is a manual so I switched vehicles with my wife, I'm now cruising in the Odyssey:thumbsup:

Actually it's pretty easy to get in and out of, I throw the crutches in the back. I can get into my car, it's just more of gymnastics manuever to do it.

I got about three weeks left before I can begin weight bearing.

You can ask mtbjc280, I took him up to Push yesterday, and I did'nt come close to killing anybody:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Kiltlifter Party

Hey, they sell gallon bottles of the stuff at this place we went to, I should pick up 10 or 12 gallons and meet somewhere centralized where we could have homer/snow sucks/injured reserve party. Talk bikes and see if we catch any wind.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
i talked to the good folks at usps the other day. ill be in touch. theres a party in iowa commin up that will need none other than a quality beer. info to follow. opening a few fresh kilts would be grand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.