Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was just looking at the terracycle site earlier this week, but didn't see that kit, did I just skim over it or was this just released?

I've got a naked dummy that I'm speccing out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't you call a naked dummy a mannequin?

Hit the link and ye shall find.

·
The Brutally Handsome
1,257 Posts
I was thinking about such a device yesterday when my chain got sucked up and jammed between my front derailleur and my frame. I blame the excess slack but I'm not ready to throw down 100+ dollars to fix it. Great idea though!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Repurposing Rocks

Slack chains can suck for sure? I don't see any patents pending on the idea so get out to the garage and chef up something. I can't imagine that it is anything more than a couple of shouldered bearings on a shaft. Your a bright bunch see what someone can come up with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah i have about 3K on my BD since May 09 - using 1997 groupset salvaged off my old Kona XC, with one and a half new (cheap) KMC chains - and no probs either.
the BB went a bit crunchy last weekend but it's OLD. (riding my new Surly Pugsley in the meantime - awesome bike....)

·
The Brutally Handsome
1,257 Posts
I found this little guy in the parts bin at the local bike depository for only $2. Wasn't sure it would work but was very pleased with the result. It doesn't pick up the chain as high as that device from terracycle, but it does lift it a couple inches, which will keep it from bouncing around and increase clearance. It also looks like I could adjust the angle to take up even more slack. We'll see . . . :yesnod:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts