Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say hello to my little friend!

Started seeing those a$$hole bugs that fluck with your facial orifices on the worst part of the climb so I decided to fight back. Introducing the Helmet Screen, rev 1. Rode it today and worked flawlessly. Only about 50% of those on the trail that dared to make eye contact with me thought I was mildly retarded...not bad.

+s: No more bugs in face, no more yellow jackets in helmet holes (I am allergic), tells you when you are pinning it as it squashes against your face at speed, no more glasses and that baggage, you can ride with your mouth wide open, will be very popular if someone needs a screen, *might* avert facial road rash. Looks wicked.

-s: Looks retarded, have to find new way to nature blow, decreases full HD experience, scares small children, have to explain yourself to anyone who asks, *might* actually trap yellow jacket for prolonged facial attack, probably won't work well in rain (what does), might be asked to inspect a bee hive nearby.

Cost: about $2 at Ace for screen and duct tape.

werd

Attachments

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Josh,

A few things you forgot to mention. Your missing valuable amounts of protein from your lack of bug intake. Your rides will be harder now. Also based upon the last pic you included, speaking like a pirate won't seem so weird! You need to make one out of a "The Gimp" mask. I think you'll find better coverage if you also include the ball gag. These of course are just suggestions because you obviously don't care about appearances. Check out this prototype I built during my experimental years. It is safe for work and church, well almost.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2218351810053770248DNQEHG

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
How bout the horsefly's out there in the summer that bite right through your clothes. When they are out and about I make it a point to kill at least 3 or more of them per ride.......as a public service. Let them land on you then swat down on them from directly above. Death from above for um. They fly straight up on take off. Pesky annoying biting critters.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude

Silent_G said:
dude, two words, bug repellent or just deal.........
That's 5 words.

I tried bug repelllent and works for mosquitos but not rat bastard face intruders. I have dealt for many years but this year, I fight back! Sick of riding the Canyon with one hand on the bar and one waving like a maniac till I get to the top.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I could have used one of those yesterday. Could have also used that a year or two ago when a bee got me in the back of the throat on a descent. That's what I get for being a lazy mouth-breather I guess

·
Registered
410 Posts
squashyo said:
That's 5 words.

I tried bug repelllent and works for mosquitos but not rat bastard face intruders. I have dealt for many years but this year, I fight back! Sick of riding the Canyon with one hand on the bar and one waving like a maniac till I get to the top.
Five words total.... but two words if you only use one idea or the other: "bug repellent" or "just deal".

Actually though -- I love your innovation! Bug repellent even repels me, I hate it. And it never keeps the bugs out of your mouth, which is the worst.

So -- now you just need to apply some secret coating so that you can market the new product for way more than the $2 you paid at Ace.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.