Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Clever Slogan
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I bought my GF her first mtn. bike, Haro x2, she loves it, she's been riding with me quite a bit. I'm actually quite impressed w/ her desire to ride more. Which brings me to my first question: any women riders beginners or better in the Salem, Or area looking for riding partners? Does anyone have a 400-450# x 2.25 coil spring available for sale? It's for her shock (Vanilla R) which came with a 600# spring and it's a little too stiff for her.

I try to not be a stereotypical male, bf, telling her what to do type of guy, but I think helpful comments from someone of the same gender might gain traction a little better. Thoughts?

She's about 5'3" does anyone have a good used road bike for sale that would be the right size for her?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
256 Posts
observing good riding partners is best

Well, for me anyway. I suppose some people are demoralized but I am motivated by someone better than me. I must admit it is even more helpful if the party kicking my behind is female. Always wait until asked to offer pointers. I did finally open up to asking some of my very good male riding buddies for advice in selected areas, but you bet I never ask my spouse!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
skinnyhippy said:
A few months ago I bought my GF her first mtn. bike, Haro x2, she loves it, she's been riding with me quite a bit. I'm actually quite impressed w/ her desire to ride more. Which brings me to my first question: any women riders beginners or better in the Salem, Or area looking for riding partners? Does anyone have a 400-450# x 2.25 coil spring available for sale? It's for her shock (Vanilla R) which came with a 600# spring and it's a little too stiff for her.

I try to not be a stereotypical male, bf, telling her what to do type of guy, but I think helpful comments from someone of the same gender might gain traction a little better. Thoughts?

She's about 5'3" does anyone have a good used road bike for sale that would be the right size for her?

Thanks in advance for your help!
If you can find a woman for her to ride with - that's great. As far as giving advice goes - maybe ask her about it when you're off the bike? Ask if she wants you to offer advice? And then, even if she says yes, at the slightest sign of frustration/irritation keep the advice to yourself. ;) Good luck and have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.