Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys any trails in the Hershey area? I'm gonna be up there for a tradeshow this weekend and would like to venture out early morning. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Google "SAMBA MTB". There's good info and maps for Mt. Gretna (Gov. Dick), Swatara, and Camp Mack. Although the places aren't that far apart, they're all very different, and all very fun in their own right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FYI - Trail conditions will be temperamental if this rain continues all week. From personal experience I know Gretna becomes wicked muddy and trails deteriorate quickly with rain, needing about a day to dry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey I just moved down to Hershey a little over a month ago. A lot of nice riding at the previously mentioned spots but we have been getting nailed with rain lately so conditions may be iffy. I may be heading to Gretna on Sunday morning and if you want someone to ride with shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know it's not mountain biking..... There is a good hard surfaced trail in town if the weather is bad.

Any riding is better than no riding.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm working the trade show. So the closer the better. I won't really have travel time. Just wanna pull the bike out and get in a little sweat for the morning. Anything in the woods behind the medical center? I'm staying at the Hershey lodge. Thanks again guys

·
Nickel Havr
1,177 Posts
Find the time and drive an hour to French Creek State Park for an EPIC ride!
Scratch that... With all the rain it'll be a mess.

Neversink Mountain in Reading drains well though...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah right behind the med center there is a singletrack loop. Kind of hard to navigate but you could go in there and ram around for an hour. Benefit is you won't have to drive, you can just ride up University Drive, then continue straight till you hit a parking lot ontop of the hill and the singletrack starts in the field next to the power station. It's not technical but still fun and close.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Looks like pretty much everything in central PA will be under water this weekend. Susquehanna river is looking at 12+ feet over flood stage levels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wonder how Rocky Ridge will be for tomorrow (Friday)? I really want to get out since my house is narrowly escaping the river waters. I know Swatara is going to be a no-go since I-81 has been shut down all day up there. With 3 stream crossings, I doubt it'll be passable at all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wonder how Rocky Ridge will be for tomorrow (Friday)? I really want to get out since my house is narrowly escaping the river waters. I know Swatara is going to be a no-go since I-81 has been shut down all day up there. With 3 stream crossings, I doubt it'll be passable at all.
According to P&R, ALL York County trails are closed to Horseback and Mountain Bike riding.

·
Registered
113 Posts
For current conditions, call the Parks Office at (717) 840-7440 for trail updates (available 24 hours a day)
I called the parks office. I wish they'd just keep it posted online somewhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts