1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I want to ride my bicycle
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use two of them. I tried to use Salsa clamps because they are oh so aesthetically pleasing, but they didn't do the job (2 Thomson posts in 2 Ibis frames). Tried the Hersheys and all slippage ceased. If you buy one, you can add as many more as you like for a very reasonable price; the seller is a real nice person.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
ditto here on the seller-good guy... got 2 clamps.
For my M2 stumpy, it was difficult to get enough torque to keep the seatpost slipping on me.. I was ~225lbs at the time, and it would gradually slip down during long rides. I swapped that clamp to my wife's bike and she's had no problems.
I went back to a QR clamp (ie Salsa w/ cam lever) and had no problems.
No problems for me with the other clamp on a steel frame.

I believe Hershey went out of business and somebody got their leftover inventory and is selling it on eBay... but I could be wrong there.

peace,
Serge

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
same as the other guys......

got one a couple months ago. was on my old road bike, now on my cross bike. no problems on either frame. one steel, one alu, ti and carbon posts used with both. no slippage. very easy to deal with seller, too.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I think SOME might be new stuff

logbiter said:
ditto here on the seller-good guy... got 2 clamps.
For my M2 stumpy, it was difficult to get enough torque to keep the seatpost slipping on me.. I was ~225lbs at the time, and it would gradually slip down during long rides. I swapped that clamp to my wife's bike and she's had no problems.
I went back to a QR clamp (ie Salsa w/ cam lever) and had no problems.
No problems for me with the other clamp on a steel frame.

I believe Hershey went out of business and somebody got their leftover inventory and is selling it on eBay... but I could be wrong there.

peace,
Serge
Reason I think that is the brakes I've got are different than some of the ones listed on E-Bay. The older ones didn't use the same type of spring as the new (linear) springs.

I don't know about any of the other stuff for sure though.

JmZ

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
DKG BABY !!!!

this was an article from a recent MBA;

Q. 1)In attempt to find the correctly sized seat collar replacement do I take the measurement meant to accomodate the seatpost diameter or that of the tubing in which the seatpost fits? 2) Replacing a slightly tacoed rear wheel also. Is there a wheel you might recommend for a well-ridden-and loved- 1996 Trek 8000 aluminum frame that can withstand some good buttock lashings(around $100- $150)? Maybe good bets for spokes, hubs, nipples, rim. Does ceramic make a significant difference in regulating braking power? 3) What are some good cables? 4) Would you recommend going to a 9-speed cassette? Should I try some test rides on 9ers? I just switched to Mountain Bike action from bicycle magazine- I am aware of the significant increase in action! Don't worry about answering everything. Any info is more than appreciated-it is worshipped- thanks- si.
[email protected] - 7/9/2000 8:55:39 PM

A. Silas, Measure the outside diameter of the seat tube to determine the correct seatpost clamp. (DKG makes the best clamps in the world). 2--Talk to your local pro bike shop about your wheel problem. You may be able to buy a set of take-off wheels from an expensive racing or free riding bike. Ritchey or Bontrager wheels have offset spoke holes that strengthen the rear wheel against lateral failure. 3--Ceramic coatings generally increase low-speed braking power and the creamic lasts a million years.Your brake pads will wear out very quickly though. 4--Shimano makes the best cables and housings. RC

DKG CLAMPS - $10 at [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts