Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a hernia surgery 8 months ago and my stomach still feels like I have a bunch of pulled muscles and feels like it is ripping I I eat to much or lift too heavy of a weight. My question to someone who has gone through it is:
Does a belt or girdle help to recover the muscles. I'm tired of dealing with it. At least I can ride pain free mostly.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry

The hardest part is just recovering from the surgery. I'd go orthoscopic if you can. If I had another one I would ask for this. Maybe get another opinion if your doc doesn't want to. Otherwise the recovery is kinda rough. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm 28 and in good shape just happened lifting to heavy.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Something doesnt sound right there. A few years ago i had a double hernia operation (groin) and after 2- 3 months felt 100 percent. I was back on the bike and in the gym shortly after. You might want to check in with your doctor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
sonyisdope said:
Damn dude, I wish you hadn't posted that. I am going to meet with my doctor about a hernia tomorrow. :(
I had the procedure 6 years ago. At the time I getting ready to start exercising so I wasn't in top condition. I had a kevlar screen put in.

The procedure was done at one of those outpaitent centers, I walked in at 10:00 AM and was on my way home by 12:30 Sore for a few days but I rode my bike 8 days after the operation and started lifting weights 5 weeks after the operation.

I had a friend who did not have as good an experience than myself. According to my doc., my revovery was maybe a little faster than most but mostly typical. The discomfort from the post op was well worth the benifits of having the procedure over with and I would say to anyone who askes (not many do mind you) that it was worth all of the inconveniences.

My opinion,

Tom

·
Registered
45 Posts
Time to revisit the Doc..waranty work ...

[I STARTED mountain biking 10 days after surgery on a groin hernia. Didn't feel any real pain then and noe at all after 2weeks. Yours sounds more like an umbilical hernia and likely takes longer, but I wouldn't expect to be in pain after a month, let alone eight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
thunder said:
I had a hernia surgery 8 months ago and my stomach still feels like I have a bunch of pulled muscles and feels like it is ripping I I eat to much or lift too heavy of a weight. My question to someone who has gone through it is:
Does a belt or girdle help to recover the muscles. I'm tired of dealing with it. At least I can ride pain free mostly.

Any help would be appreciated.
You need to get yourself checked out ASAP. Eight months is not an acceptable timetable for hernia surgery recovery no matter how bad the hernia actually was. It should have been no more than 8 weeks until you were basically able to perform the majority of your daily functions/habits pain free...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.