Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Nice!
I'm a serious morning person. I haven't slept in past 6AM in over a decade. Most mornings I'm up at 4:30 or 5. I love the early rides. Problem is, it was minus 4 here at 7 AM. :D

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Anonymous said:
Nice!
I'm a serious morning person. I haven't slept in past 6AM in over a decade. Most mornings I'm up at 4:30 or 5. I love the early rides. Problem is, it was minus 4 here at 7 AM. :D
Yep. Back in Ely this morning it was pretty darn close to zero at 6:30 when I went on my ride. Still gotta ride. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
E ! said:
That is the trail system across the road from red rock canyon area. The trail head is the area where they rent horses,just a tad north and east of the redrock visitors overlook.
Can't say that I've ridden there yet......key word being yet! Let me make sure I know where I"m going..... If I'm heading west on Charleston, go past the "loop" entrance, road makes a sweeping left hand downhill turn and the stables are on my left, park and ride on the trail that heads along the road for a little bit back towards the northeast? All on the south side of 159, right? If it's the trail I'm thinking of, I've only seen horses on it, never any bikes. I'll have to check that out, probably Christmas morning.

Thanks
Neal

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
njcoppola said:
Can't say that I've ridden there yet......key word being yet! Let me make sure I know where I"m going..... If I'm heading west on Charleston, go past the "loop" entrance, road makes a sweeping left hand downhill turn and the stables are on my left, park and ride on the trail that heads along the road for a little bit back towards the northeast? All on the south side of 159, right? If it's the trail I'm thinking of, I've only seen horses on it, never any bikes. I'll have to check that out, probably Christmas morning.

Thanks
Neal
Yep. That's the place. Here's a link to the trail review and description I did. When you cross through the fence out of the parking lot, turn immediately to the right. Enjoy. Sounds like a great Christmas present.

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
This was my ride on Monday just before sunrise ... there was a crust of snow just grippy enough to get me up the hills into work. It snowed all day, and I rode home in the Northern twilight with a headlamp following the ruts left by cross-country skiers.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts