Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Mnt 1 SL Baby!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And the the skulls are still rockin it on the Moto after all this time. ;)

Oh! and sorry about these GAWD AWFUL pics, I'll be getting a new camera soon. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
gawdamnitohellandbackandthreehailmarrysholyshityoumeanbusinesscanihaveyourleakylowersmateandyounowhavemoretravelthanmesoiamjealous

:cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
blackagness said:
All Mnt 1 SL Baby!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And the the skulls are still rockin it on the Moto after all this time. ;)

Oh! and sorry about these GAWD AWFUL pics, I'll be getting a new camera soon. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Very, very neat...... :) A ride report will be apreciated :D

·
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Brotha's!!!

If I'd have known I'd get this reaction, I would have got it a long time ago "LOL"!

It was incredible luck. Here I was pissing and moneing all night about my leaky fork. I looked around on the web and e-bay for a while and saw some pretty good deals on assorted flavors of Pikes and what not, but all I could find on an 07 AM1 SL was 785.00, everywhere I looked. And the more I looked around at Pikes the more I wanted the AM1 SL! I just needed to give Zoke one more shot.

So I awoke again this morening, and decided to give e-bay one more run. Well what do ya know this fork at a resonable price... oh waite dangett! it's not got a "buy it now" and theres still 6 day's left. Than just as I'm moving on, I notice Bghm Ala. WHAT!!! I shoot the seller a Q' and the guy email's me back and say's is this Jason with the ML. Turns out it's a guy from my LBS selling it for a customer! BAM! all but brand new condition SMOKING PRICE!!!! "you know local buyer.

Only small issues though are when I met him for the fork, he had forgotten the QR20. So I just jerry'ed my standard through axle in there for the pics, and to push on it a little. It feels nothing like my AMZ1 but this was also an issue I saw in the review section which is supposed to feel completly coil like once on the trail. The last thing is I'll need to pick up some post mount adapters at the LBS... hopfully they'll be in. :skep:

Oh and JT! I put those skulls on there prob two months after I got my ML. I got them with an issue of MBUK I bought and just thought they looked cool. :thumbsup:

·
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All right here we go again!

kovi said:
That looks great BA! Hopefully the ride will be as great as the bling factor!
That saddle looks to me being in a funny angle though.. :)
Ok, what's funy about my saddle angle! :madman: :madman: :madman:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Low profile, uh?!

You did never mentioned this makings...

BIG CONGRATS!!!! :thumbsup:

Now you can dump that leaky POS...

Now, keep reading, and I'm being dead serious... Remove the leaky one, inflate it to max stated by Zoke and dump it in a bucket of water... Grab a beer and spend an hour or two watching out where bubbles are coming from.

No water will go in, especially if you activate the ETA, so you can pressurize the other side too, but I understand your problems should be in the TST side which is the one with preload.

Solve the issue with the old one and sell it for a good price to finance a High Volume sleeve.;)

·
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rzozaya1969 said:
Good luck on it!

It sure looks nice, now I know how my ML will look like! I wanted to ask you about the QR20, but I think I'll have to wait. I hope you like the Zoke!
Yeah man, I almost titiled the thread "Rzoz you might be interested in this"... for real!

Sorry about my crappy pics, it looks really good in person or with a descent cam I SWEAR!

Warp great idea, and thanks for the heads up on it not taking in water, that will make me feel alot better about it. :thumbsup:

And shoot if all else fails, I'll just send the lowers to my good buddy AM down in Tas. I'm sure all it could possibly be, is the seals. But I GOTTA KNOW!!! Thanks for the advice Warp!

·
Registered
280 Posts
dude. Seriously sweet fork. I was eyeing this myself, as it's the only fork right now I would replace the AM1 with.

Very nice.

Please, though can we get some quality pics that give that bike justice?

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
blackagness said:
Yeah man, I almost titiled the thread "Rzoz you might be interested in this"... for real!
:lol: I think that both our bikes will end up looking pretty much similar, same frame colors, polished aluminium stays and black and white fork.

Customs takes forever this side of the border! It was xmass season, usually stuff goes by a lot faster during the year...

·
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
For Real Doe!

mcgrath said:
dude. Seriously sweet fork. I was eyeing this myself, as it's the only fork right now I would replace the AM1 with.

Very nice.

Please, though can we get some quality pics that give that bike justice?
but last time I didn't post pics "for that reason" I was nearly thrown off the Titus board. ;)

Edit: Another thing on insalling this fork I hadn't considered was that you've got your nice brand new fork with white lowers "which I for one love" and your hands are getting a bit dirty from the process and it get's ALL OVER the white lowers, and the more you try to wipe it off with a clean part of your hand the dirtier it get's until of course you grab a towel.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Good gawd man! Hawtness! :eek: :arf:

Love the skulls too....

Hey if you need an adaptor, might consider going for an 8" rotor in front while you are at it. Pretty much all brands are the same size and thickness so buy whatevers cheapest.

That fork's whiter than the snow dumping outside my window right now.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.