Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for a new bike. Currently riding a Kona Unit. Thought I wanted a Vassago Verhauen. Then I rode a friends Kona Raijin and loved it (handling and the lightness of the Ti). I have never ridden a Vassago Verhauen or Optimus (same geometry) and there is no where in my area to try one out. Can anyone speak to the difference in handling characteristics between a Raijin or the Optimus Ti?

· No Clue Crew
7,826 Posts
Can't really help specifically. I was about to buy a Verhauen. I've owned a Vassago previously and the company is local to me in Arizona.

But I got a fantastic deal on a Raijin and didn't look back. Great bike.

Though I'm sure the Vassago would be just as good. Tough call. I'd probably go with the cheaper/easier to get one.

· Registered
438 Posts
I recently came across a 2013 Optimus Ti for a deal I couldnt pass up. I swapped out the frame from my scandal build and hit the trails.

This is my second Optimus ti. I had a Lynskey built 2010 frame abd I really could never get into the wet cat long and low geo. it just felt like driving a school bus. I also couldnt stand the previous owner and how he did business. I feel he got what he deserved and now that he is gone I didnt mind trying the new Fast Cat Optimus Ti.

I really like the way the bike rides. Its much better than th older version. Once I decided that I was going to keep it I rebuilt it with mostly new parts and its now simply amazing. The bike comes in under 20 pounds as a hardtail singlespeed with a Marvel 100mm tapered thru axle fork (52mm offset) it just feels sweet.

· Registered
2,188 Posts
I recently came across a 2013 Optimus Ti for a deal I couldnt pass up. I swapped out the frame from my scandal build and hit the trails.

This is my second Optimus ti. I had a Lynskey built 2010 frame abd I really could never get into the wet cat long and low geo. it just felt like driving a school bus. I also couldnt stand the previous owner and how he did business. I feel he got what he deserved and now that he is gone I didnt mind trying the new Fast Cat Optimus Ti.

I really like the way the bike rides. Its much better than th older version. Once I decided that I was going to keep it I rebuilt it with mostly new parts and its now simply amazing. The bike comes in under 20 pounds as a hardtail singlespeed with a Marvel 100mm tapered thru axle fork (52mm offset) it just feels sweet.
Never got along with the wet cat, either. (still being used on the Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch, I believe). Good to hear the new geo is working better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.