Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully the pictures upload-first time trying.
Here is my entry in the 29er world.
Got this from Scott at Slingshot about 6 months ago and finally got around to
building it up. I have a Rohloff hub for my 26" Cannondale and love it, so I am
trying it again in 700C. This has to be my do-all bike for six months or so:
a little road, off-road, cyclocross and commuting.
Not great for any, but hopefully good for all.
Has a different feel to the ride, kinda hard to describe. I'm still new to it.
Hopefully a better review later.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Nice. For a second I thought you were running rim brakes AND a rear disc. Then I scrolled down...

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Review the bike and the Rohloff

crepitus said:
Here is my entry in the 29er world. I have a Rohloff hub for my 26" Cannondale and love it, so I am trying it again in 700C.
Hopefully a better review later.
Looking forward to the review. Wow, not one but two Rohloffs, eh? I like to see that. If the sales increase, maybe the price will come down some day. I can always hope.

In the meantime you have a singularly exotic bike for sure. Slingshots are rare, 29er Slings even more so, then throw in a Rohloff, geez!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
I think the answer to tat is in the horizontal dropouts. Look how something dark sits in the left dropouts, I bet that's it!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Cloxxki said:
I think the answer to tat is in the horizontal dropouts. Look how something dark sits in the left dropouts, I bet that's it!
You got it, Clox, that is an OEM axle plate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Oem 1 ?

Not sure how this is going to workout long term. Kinda worried about bending the drop out. Paul Dropouts. Nice. They have the adjuster screws thru them. I can flip the tab and axle around 180 degrees (tab in front, axle in back) to move the wheel back and put a bigger tire in.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are called Stubs. I got them a while back. They are very light, though I heard they tend to break or bend easily.

Attachments

·
College
1,198 Posts
crepitus said:
They are called Stubs. I got them a while back. They are very light, though I heard they tend to break or bend easily.
. Ever think about spraying the wall foam insulator on that to make a nice comfy foam grip. I doubt it will weigh more than 10 grams for both.

·
highly visible
3,257 Posts
crepitus said:
Not sure how this is going to workout long term. Kinda worried about bending the drop out. Paul Dropouts. Nice. They have the adjuster screws thru them. I can flip the tab and axle around 180 degrees (tab in front, axle in back) to move the wheel back and put a bigger tire in.
I don't think you'll bend your dropouts. They are very strong in the vertical plane. For what it's worth, the 3-speed SRAM hub on my Karate Monkey uses a similar arrangement to keep the wheel from torquing around, and it's barely scratching the dropout. Beautiful bike. Ride on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts