Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is it me or does the 2020 5010 in robin's egg look very similar to the 2019 hightower lt in that blue color with the gold letters? The colors are pretty close for sure! I like the color scheme.

I'm not in love with any of the other colors for the other bikes but they certainly aren't bad. edit: Except the new hightower, seeing pics of the actual bike shows me that both paint jobs look good in real life for the new hightower. It may be the same thing when the other new bikes are actually released.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Interesting that the tallboy isn't there. Maybe a new release soon?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Probably because, like the V2 Hightower, it is supposed to be secret and unknown, if it wasn't for forums like this and people giving out details then one day in August we would suddenly just have a new Tallboy appear out of nowhere, catching everyone by surprise. I am pretty sure that if you asked any SC employee, they would deny its existence as an internet rumor or just say they can't say anything.

The other bikes on that preorder list are just color and other minor changes, so nothing to keep secret, unlike the rumored redesign of the new tallboy. But we aren't even supposed to know that a new Tallboy is on its way.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Probably because, like the V2 Hightower, it is supposed to be secret and unknown, if it wasn't for forums like this and people giving out details then one day in August we would suddenly just have a new Tallboy appear out of nowhere, catching everyone by surprise. I am pretty sure that if you asked any SC employee, they would deny its existence as an internet rumor or just say they can't say anything.

The other bikes on that preorder list are just color and other minor changes, so nothing to keep secret, unlike the rumored redesign of the new tallboy. But we aren't even supposed to know that a new Tallboy is on its way.
Man, sometimes I miss the good ol days. I definitely remember just seeing a new bike article or even seeing a new bike on a manu's website...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,913 Posts

I found the tallboy threads (not that it was difficult). August, they say. Based on being right about the HTv2 release date, I'll just wait patiently until August.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Man, sometimes I miss the good ol days. I definitely remember just seeing a new bike article or even seeing a new bike on a manu's website...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Well of course that still happens but at least in the case of Santa Cruz and other manufacturers the reviews and bike don't get posted until the bike is available for sale, there is no prototype bike review then preorder process like there is when new car models are released. I think the stumpjumper and new ripley was the same way, I was thinking about buying one then suddenly articles appeared one day reviewing them and the bike became officially available for sale on their website. There may have been speculation threads out here on MTBR like there was for the hightower but I never saw them if so.
I found the tallboy threads (not that it was difficult). August, they say. Based on being right about the HTv2 release date, I'll just wait patiently until August.

:thumbsup: If you are serious about possibly buying a new tallboy then your local shop might let you know some info if you ask, all of the hightower rumors were coming from somewhere afterall. And of course there are rumors about specs and colors here on MTBR that are probably correct, just SC isn't exactly shouting from the rooftops that a new bike is coming, probably so they can clear their old stock.

·
Registered
315 Posts
SC E-Bike?

I didn't see this one on their website, but I did see it in downtown Laguna Beach yesterday:

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

After close analysis by myself and some Santa Cruz owners who lost their nut when they saw this photo, it appears to be a BH Lynx Atom with SC stickers on it. But why?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.