Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going down upper Priest Rock (dog meat) Sat at Sierra Azul/Lexington and came across a lot of the prints bellow. They look fresh, but probably from the night before. Mountain Lion? If it was and he/she was out during the day, I'm glad that one guy went a few minutes before me. :eek:

Soil Symbol Litter Footprint Label

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
If those are claw marks in the front of the print, it's probably a dog/coyote/werewolf. I think cats retract their claws when walking.

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
Dog...

Big cats retract their claws for the most part when walking.....mostly..

Besides....I was up there today, and I think I got all the catz...

...."load up on guns"...........

Cheers ( for you Francois)

M

·
Log off and go ride!
1,869 Posts
A canid was my first thought. Cats will sometimes extend their claws when climbing a slope, walking on a hard surface, etc. Not usually on soft soil.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
Bobcat on Limekiln today

Saw a large bobcat while climbing Limekiln today, about one mile from the intersections with Kennedy/Woods trails.
I can't really tell the difference with a mtn lion, to me they are both BBC (Big Brown Cats), the cat looked at me and then jumped up in the woods. It was about 30 yards from me and I'd say around 50-60lbs cat.

No pawprints to take pictures of, nit much mud there.

My first cat sighting in NorCal :D , I'd seen a mnt lion on Moro Cyn in Laguna Beach (SoCal) about 5 yrs ago.
ZT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.