·
29er Club Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks..

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Nice :thumbsup: Had a chance to get some dirt on it yet? :D They look better dirty ;) :D Mind saying how much you got it for? Looks a good spec, Deore, X7, Juicy5s, Fox - just trying to get a feel for the market is all.

·
29er Club Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been raining alot, the trails, are too wet. Do more damage to the trails.
Just waiting, it is drying up now. Well it was raining again this stinks..

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Does that come stock with 32 hole Duster rims now? Wow, great looking bike.
G

·
29er Club Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well took the bike out today finally.

WOW what a bike. You do get what you pay for, ;).

Problems, I think the bike was not set up right from the shop I got it from.
Rear brakes take a lot more pressure to stop the bike, a lot more than the front.

Now I know why people have been telling that the clip shoes are the way to go.
I love the feel of the bike and the way the pedals feel.

Just so happy with this bike....

·
29er Club Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G-Live said:
Does that come stock with 32 hole Duster rims now? Wow, great looking bike.
G
Bike is all stock right now,,

·
29er Club Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well first upgrades were the pedals to M540 "M" (multi-release) cleats.
Changed seat and seat post is a Thomson Elite. And went tubeless with Caffelatex.

Next will be the Thomson Elite X4 Stem and Easton MonkeyLite DH Composite Bar.

When stuff breaks i will upgrade...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
You do realize that you brake mainly with the front right? The rear doesn't really do much except balance the back, bring it around etc. If you're going uphill and want to stop from rolling back you apply rear brake, other than that they're pretty much useless, well except to skid and balance out to the front as said :skep: Percentage wise braking you probably use 20-30% rear and 70-80% front.

ZGOZZ said:
..............................................Problems, I think the bike was not set up right from the shop I got it from.
Rear brakes take a lot more pressure to stop the bike, a lot more than the front.....................................
Just so happy with this bike....

·
29er Club Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LyNx said:
You do realize that you brake mainly with the front right? The rear doesn't really do much except balance the back, bring it around etc. If you're going uphill and want to stop from rolling back you apply rear brake, other than that they're pretty much useless, well except to skid and balance out to the front as said :skep: Percentage wise braking you probably use 20-30% rear and 70-80% front.
I understand what your saying just feels spongey...:skep:

·
29er Club Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Just a thought on the rear brake - is this your first hydraulic experience? If so, then you might be "feeling" what I feel on my first hydros: the back brake feels spongy compared to the front brake. The reason why this is so is that becuase the rear brake hose line is so much longer than the front, there's more fluid to compress. This translates to a more "spongy" feeling at the lever when compared to the front brake.

At least, that's what my LBS dealer told me when I made the same comment.

·
29er Club Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jkirkpatri said:
Just a thought on the rear brake - is this your first hydraulic experience? If so, then you might be "feeling" what I feel on my first hydros: the back brake feels spongy compared to the front brake. The reason why this is so is that becuase the rear brake hose line is so much longer than the front, there's more fluid to compress. This translates to a more "spongy" feeling at the lever when compared to the front brake.

At least, that's what my LBS dealer told me when I made the same comment.
Yes it is, my first. Then that means the lines need to be made more stiffer then maybe?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
No, I don't think you can get past this much. I'm no expert, so I'm sure others will chime in. I think that you could go to a braided sleave or something similiar, and this would be more resistent to the line bulging from fluid pressure, but I think that for the cost, it might not be worth it.

I'm happy with my setup. Took about a week to get used to, and actually, I like it the way it is. As the back brake is used more for finesse and control (as previously mentioned), having a "softer" brake lever feel makes it easier for me to modulate the back brake.

I think you'll be fine. FWIW, I ride a 2009 Paragon, but with Elixer brakes instead of the stock Juicy 5s.

Have fun!

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hence braided SS hose ;) Also they're factory pre-bled and that does not always equate to proerly bled, you might need to do a bleed on them.

ZGOZZ said:
Yes it is, my first. Then that means the lines need to be made more stiffer then maybe?:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts