Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C'mon, you have at least 4 hours notice. Sunny today, cloudy tomorrow, rain Thursday. Sieze the opportunity.

I'm planning on backside of China Camp at 3 or as late as 4pm. No front side -- can't afford 1 hr of bike cleanup from the mud.

Post up, let me know...

· Feeling a little taller
6,695 Posts
bigtrees said:
C'mon, you have at least 4 hours notice. Sunny today, cloudy tomorrow, rain Thursday. Sieze the opportunity.

I'm planning on backside of China Camp at 3 or as late as 4pm. No front side -- can't afford 1 hr of bike cleanup from the mud.

Post up, let me know...
Count me in as a possibly maybe.

· Registered
3,926 Posts
bigtrees said:

Post up, let me know...
how do you guys do this??? have fun!!

· Feeling a little taller
6,695 Posts
cohenfive said:
how do you guys do this???
It's really just mind over matter - if you don't mind missing work, it doesn't matter!

Can we make it a solid 4pm? - EDIT

Actually, after speaking to the SO, I need to make it earlier - will 3 work?

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3 Pm

Dan'ger said:
It's really just mind over matter - if you don't mind missing work, it doesn't matter!

Can we make it a solid 4pm? - EDIT

Actually, after speaking to the SO, I need to make it earlier - will 3 work?
3 PM will work. Meet at the trailhead near Dominican college ... use cell phone to find each other.

Can't speak for Dan, but for me it's one of the benefits of being an independent consultant. Balance that against looking for gigs on a daily basis, being less than one day from the end of one contract until you find the next, getting paid 3 months after services rendered. Ready to join yet? It's OK, riding reduces the stress!

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too much mud

EBrider said:
Just saw this thread and don't think I will make it all the way out to China Camp for a ride, but a local ride may be an option.
Tired of cleaning the bike ... we need 2 weeks of dry before I get excited about east bay trails. Happens to me every spring -- after 10 or 15 mud rides I'm just burned out on it. Rather be in traffic than clean mud off my bike at this point.

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dan'ger and Pimpbot

bigtrees said:

Post up, let me know...
Nice ride! Glad you could join. Back side of china camp had perfect conditions. No bike cleaning! 3 more times and I swear I'll know my way around there. Next time I'm bringing my pads so I have the nerve to try the big drop from the Nike pad.

By the way, has anybody else seen a parrot do singletrack?

· ballbuster
12,709 Posts
Yeah, I did!

bigtrees said:
Nice ride! Glad you could join. Back side of china camp had perfect conditions. No bike cleaning! 3 more times and I swear I'll know my way around there. Next time I'm bringing my pads so I have the nerve to try the big drop from the Nike pad.

By the way, has anybody else seen a parrot do singletrack?
There was a dude on a low-rent Rockhopper or something like that, no helmet, red parrot on his right arm coming down the Nike Site paved road. I was grinding up.

Weird!

On a side note, that was the first time I ground up to the top without being totally out of breath at the top. Hurl Hill and the Three (B)itches here I come!

Second side note, I was otherwise riding like krapp. I couldn't clean any of the technical and/or steep climbs. I'm still not used to the new bike. Later, after I hooked up with Dan'ger and Bigtrees, I got annoyed with the vague feeling of my bike, so I backed the rear travel from 3.5" to 3" and it felt a bunch better, but harsher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.