Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
A pie plate [dork dish] [frisbee] is the spoke protector that sits behind the cassette. Its sole purpose is to protect the spokes if the upper limit on the derraileur was not set correctly. Mosty for test ride purposes until the bike is sold. It will start getting brittle within about six months and eventually break apart, thus causing problems. I would just give the upper limit a check and go ahead and pull it off (or have the LBS do it) It is also just style points.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She would kick your a$$. She is a world class Table Tennis player and Triathlete...5"4 110lbs.
And who are you to talk when you are a dog lover, but in that way....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
you should look into getting her some clipless pedals. those nikes with flats just look weird on the bike.

other than that... sweet bike. cant wait to see your pics on the trail.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
gigabyte772 said:
We have some, we just use these around the house and the clipless on the trails...
very nice. i would think constantly swapping the pedals would ware out the threads on the cranks and pedals. i use clipless but i also ride around the house. i just put the plastic platforms on one side of the pedals while the other side is free to clip in. the platform can be removed as well. you might want to look into that. i went riding yesterday and forgot my shoes. i was so glad i left the platform side on.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
i notice something.your wife is wearing nike shox TL.
doesnt that make riding much harder,as in it elevates your leg higher.though im sure its cushioning enough,but i suggest using a NB N902 series.
feel more comfy...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Respect

For the people that are nit-picking on this couple of what type of shoes she is wearing, you people need to leave them alone and be more happy for her that she just received a great gift of one of these great bikes. It is just a picture=she doesnt have to be in full riding gear to take a picture of her on her bike. And for the one that said "She is skinny", she is in just great shape.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
08S-Works_Guy said:
For the people that are nit-picking on this couple of what type of shoes she is wearing, you people need to leave them alone and be more happy for her that she just received a great gift of one of these great bikes. It is just a picture=she doesnt have to be in full riding gear to take a picture of her on her bike. And for the one that said "She is skinny", she is in just great shape.
not so much nit picking on my end. more like suggesting things to make a great bike that much better. ie more enjoyable. its all preferance. and in no way is my suggestion a demand.:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.