Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as promised, I took a few shots of the new 6700 for those of you that would like to see them. I like the fact that Trek used disc compatible hubs, and included a lock out on the fork this year. The frame design kind of reminds me of the 9.8, and the total weight on this bad boy, for a 19.5 was 29 pounds 3 ounces.

-Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work in a shop, so I just took a few shots of it for the people interested on here. But speaking of getting things dirty, I borrowed my buddy's stealth to see what a hardtail handled like on the trail (I ride a fuel). I went to the trail after work today, and 17 miles later it looks like this. I'm sure it'll be fun cleaning tomorrow.

-Mitch

Attachments

·
Professional Slacker
3,271 Posts
Now THAT'S a good looking bike. Made me smile just looking at it, have to remember to take a photo of my bike dirty, so I can remember what made it that way.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was just coming to post that! We got one of the '05 6700 in the shop too!
Major differences:
Price jump to ~$850
100% disc ready
Rock Shox Pilot fork w/ Motion control!

Just a nice solid looking bik for '05.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's a nice looking bike. I pick up my '04 Fuel 90 disc this Saturday and seeing that new Trek got me fired up again. Even though I am buying it's still sort of like Christmas. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
terribleein said:
Well, as promised, I took a few shots of the new 6700 for those of you that would like to see them. I like the fact that Trek used disc compatible hubs, and included a lock out on the fork this year. The frame design kind of reminds me of the 9.8, and the total weight on this bad boy, for a 19.5 was 29 pounds 3 ounces.

-Mitch
Has Trek fitted a proper welded on rear disc brake mount for this year instead of that joke of a bolt on adaptor?

Nice lookin bike by the way - glad you got out there and got it covered!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts