Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
No I haven't. I have heard that it will be a MoFo.
Looking forward to it.

jps

george_da_trog said:
Have you done that before, that last part up Hamilton is a *****. WAtch for black ice in the shadows coming back down.

george

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Yeah but...

CHUM said:
this is THE beast:

HooDoo 500
Mine goes up Mt. Hamilton (and Mt. Diablo, and Morgan Territory, and Altamont Pass, and Patterson Pass, and Mines Road, and Sierra Road, and Calaveras Road, and Palomares Road, and Crow Canyon Road, and Norris Canyon Road). I thought we were talking about Mt. Hamilton.

·
Super Moderator
8,633 Posts
My bad....i spazzed on the posting....i'll go take a lap now ;)

Zignzag said:
Mine goes up Mt. Hamilton (and Mt. Diablo, and Morgan Territory, and Altamont Pass, and Patterson Pass, and Mines Road, and Sierra Road, and Calaveras Road, and Palomares Road, and Crow Canyon Road, and Norris Canyon Road). I thought we were talking about Mt. Hamilton.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
No kidding! I've seen this ride before and It looks like too much for me right now. This is a MOFO too.

Zignzag said:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know! I know!

jorgemonkey said:
So, who can name that rider?
That would be..........hummm I forgot just now....................still thinking.............still thinking.............ah its jorge! Go me! Go me! :rockon: :cornut: :thumbsup: :D :)

·
pedal faster!
82 Posts
SWEET i now have a ride. THANK YOU MENSO!!!!!!! AND MENSO'S DAD!!!!!!!! so should i ride to your house first?

·
More pie please
2,007 Posts
Menso said:
I'm in for the long ride, along with my dad. What the meeting time now? 10am?
The "long ride" took 8 hours last year so we want to be rolling by 8am because sunset on Saturday is at 4:49pm.

Here's driving instructions to the starting place, Coe HQ:
http://www.coepark.org/directions.html

Weather = cold!!! Maybe not frozen-streams-cold but I'm for sure wearing my toesters!

More motivation, another Hat Rock ride. This one was last January:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=153573

///Charlie

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yup, the long ride is still rolling at 8am. It has a shorter option. Starts at Headquarters. Nothing has changed in this ride since the original post.

The threadjack Coe ride was mentioned as perhaps starting later. I haven't paid attention to its posts, so I don't know exactly when it would start, where it would go, or even if it will happen at all.

Then there are the threadjack road rides, and the long threadjack mountain bike stage race...

Not a whole lot of posts that stayed on topic in this thread. ;)

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Finally over the hump with a cold I caught Thanksgiving day and 3 days of skiing in the uber cold did not help. I think I'll be up for this by Saturday, if so I'll be ready to ride by 8 AM.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
8Trak said:
Images in this thread:

jesus! <---use the Mexican pronunciation

That photo is so cool. I had forgotten about it.

And for on topic, [looks over to Plim], why no SS?

8am is too burrrrr!

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
rensho said:
And for on topic, [looks over to Plim], why no SS?
I wouldn't enjoy SS nearly as much. I'd spend a lot of time walking instead of riding. With an all-day ride I prefer FS over hardtail or rigid.

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Confirm

Can we confirm a 10am starting time and place?

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Cool. :thumbsup: I have a Honda Element with bike rack.

C U then.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts