·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.sbracing.org
Henry Coe Fundraiser event March 27, 10am
Hunting Hollow, Gilroy, CA
Course Beginner 13* miles/Sport 17* miles/Expert 23* miles
Great course with a little of everything!

Come out for a great event SB Racing round 3 will also be a fundraiser for Coe!
Hope you can all make it.
Thanks for the support!
Travis

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm looking forward to this race and hope Jeanie will join me.

BTW: how will you do the final series standings? Will all 5 race results count or only the best 3 of the first 4 plus series finale?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right we will be climbing Anza Jackson to the Y and some great downhill from there. Uphills wilI be a combo of singletrack & fireroads. Promise it won't be too painful, but will have some world class singletrack. It will be a great course, a really fun one. I am trying to figure a way I can race my course!!! Don't think the wife will let me though! Glad you'll be there. The more that show up the better the competition.
Thanks,
Travis Sluder
SB Racing.org

·
loopy counter
869 Posts
A request: Please do not use permanent paint to mark the course. The blue paint from last summer's race was, and at some spots still is, an eyesore.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
USA Cycling requires an annual license for experts/pros. You are more than welcome to ride the sport class with a single day license though!
Sorry these are USA Cycling rules.
SB Racing.org

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
TSLUDER said:
Your right we will be climbing Anza Jackson to the Y and some great downhill from there. Uphills wilI be a combo of singletrack & fireroads. Promise it won't be too painful, but will have some world class singletrack. It will be a great course, a really fun one. I am trying to figure a way I can race my course!!! Don't think the wife will let me though! Glad you'll be there. The more that show up the better the competition.
Thanks,
Travis Sluder
SB Racing.org
Any more details on the course? I may get a window to preride it on Thurs. I will be doing sport cat2. I would love to know where to go.

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
zenmster said:
Can a beginner give a go at this?
There is a beginner course. Any beginner can do it as long as they put in the effort and don't die in the process ;).

Course:
Henry Coe EXPERT course directions * Course subject to change
Start at Hunting Hollow staging area and turn right onto the paved road heading up towards the “Bridge” and Coit Road. Turn right on Coit road.
Follow Coit Road (at the bridge) and go to Anza Trail which will be on your right.
Proceed up Anza until you reach Cullen. Stay straight/left on Anza.
Follow Anza to Grapevine. Turn left on Grapevine.
This will dump back onto Coit Road. Turn right on Coit road.
Follow Coit Road until you reach Coit Spring. Turn right on Coit Spring.
Follow Coit Spring to Cattle Duster. Turn right on Cattle Duster.
Follow Cattle Duster to Domino Pond Trail. Turn right on Domino Pond Trail.
Follow Domino Pond Trail to Wasno Road. Turn right on Wasno Road.
Follow Wasno Road to Kelley Lake Trail. Turn left on Kelley Lake Trail.
Kelley Lake will “T” at the bottom. Turn left towards Coit road.
Turn Right on Coit Road.
Follow Coit Road to Crest Trail. Turn right on Crest Trail.
Follow Crest trail to Wagon Road. DO NOT TURN RIGHT ONTO KELLEY LAKE.
DO turn right on Wagon Road when you reach it.
Follow Wagon road to “Y”. Turn right onto Wasno Road.
Follow Wasno road to Tule Pond Trail. Turn left on Tule Pond Trail.
Tule Pond trail will “T” onto Grizzly Gulch Gulch/Wagon Road. Turn LEFT.
Follow Grizzly Gulch/Wagon Road to Serpentine Trail. Turn right on Serpentine.
At top of Serpentine, turn left on Steer Ridge Road.
At the intersection of Wagon Road / Steer Ridge, go right towards Wilson Camp and Bowl trail.
Follow Bowl Trail to Lyman Wilson. Stay straight/left to merge onto Lyman Wilson.
Follow Lyman Wilson down to fire road (Hunting Hollow Road). Turn right onto Hunting Hollow and follow back to staging area. CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE DONE!

Henry Coe SPORT course directions * Course subject to change
REMOVES SERPENTINE CLIMB / STEER RIDGE ROAD
Start at Hunting Hollow staging area and turn right onto the paved road heading up towards the “Bridge” and Coit Road. Turn right on Coit road.
Follow Coit Road (at the bridge) and go to Anza Trail which will be on your right.
Follow Coit Road until you reach Coit Spring. Turn right on Coit Spring.
Follow Coit Spring to Cattle Duster. Turn right on Cattle Duster.
Follow Cattle Duster to Domino Pond Trail. Turn right on Domino Pond Trail.
Follow Domino Pond Trail to Wasno Road. Turn right on Wasno Road.
Follow Wasno Road to Kelley Lake Trail. Turn left on Kelley Lake Trail.
Kelley Lake will “T” at the bottom. Turn left towards Coit road.
Turn Right on Coit Road.
Follow Coit Road to Crest Trail. Turn right on Crest Trail.
Follow Crest trail to Wagon Road. DO NOT TURN RIGHT ONTO KELLEY LAKE.
DO turn right on Wagon Road when you reach it.
Follow Wagon road to “Y”. Turn right onto Wasno Road.
Follow Wasno road to Tule Pond Trail. Turn left on Tule Pond Trail.
Follow Grizzly Gulch/Wagon Road to Wilson Camp.
At the intersection of Wagon Road / Steer Ridge, go right towards Wilson Camp and Bowl trail. (Do not climb Steer Ridge)
Follow Bowl Trail to Lyman Wilson. Stay straight/left to merge onto Lyman Wilson.
Follow Lyman Wilson down to fire road (Hunting Hollow Road). Turn right onto Hunting Hollow and follow back to staging area. CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE DONE!

Henry Coe Beginner course directions * Course subject to change
REMOVES SERPENTINE CLIMB / STEER RIDGE ROAD & KELLY LAKE/WAGON RD LOOP
Follow Coit Road – which will come to a “Y” with Wasno. Turn right on Wasno.
Follow Wasno Road to Tule Pond Trail. Turn right on Tule Pond Trail.
Follow Grizzly Gulch/Wagon Road to Wilson Camp.
At the intersection of Wagon Road / Steer Ridge, go right towards Wilson Camp and Bowl trail. (Do not climb Steer Ridge)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
knobs said:
A request: Please do not use permanent paint to mark the course. The blue paint from last summer's race was, and at some spots still is, an eyesore.
Just rode past a short section of the course yesterday, and they used signs plus flagging - no paint.

·
190lbs of climber
1,525 Posts
There are two nice downhills for everyone: Tule Pond and Lyman Wilson.
Climbing Coit Spring/Cattle Duster/Domino Pond will be a first for me. That'll be tough, no wonder the cat 3s skip this and go up Coit Road instead, but they'll end up riding a lot of fire road.

P.S. Note that the CCCX race on the same day has been postponed.

P.P.S. Oops, this is J.L.'s posting. Menso forgot to log off.

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
Menso said:
There are two nice downhills for everyone: Tule Pond and Lyman Wilson.
Climbing Coit Spring/Cattle Duster/Domino Pond will be a first for me. That'll be tough, no wonder the cat 3s skip this and go up Coit Road instead, but they'll end up riding a lot of fire road.

P.S. Note that the CCCX race on the same day has been postponed.

P.P.S. Oops, this is J.L.'s posting. Menso forgot to log off.
Going up Coit/Cattle Duster/Domino is quite nice. There are two killer hills on it, but they are pretty mellow otherwise.

There is also a nice Anza downhill on the way to Grapevine.
The downhill to Kelly Lake sucks. Steep and loose rocks. That's were I'll make up time on you ;)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Just got an email from the Back Country Ranger with strict notice for volunteers to stay out of the course area on Saturday, all day. This is a really exciting event! I wish all riders a safe ride and a great performance. Cattle Duster and Domino haven't had any trail work on them and are very narrow and severely guttered in places. These will be very demanding sections. Who knows, with the horde riding through, it might steamroll the trail into submission. The top of Domino will be cyclo cross portage. When the trail crew gets to work on it later, I am sure they'll have a mess to look at for sure. These are great loops for all categories.

Good luck Dan!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts