Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ben, Here are both courses, Hope to see you there. Tell all your friends! Sign up soon we are only limited to 150 riders. Thanks Travis

Beginner Course
Start Coit Road
Right Wasno Rd
Right Tule Pond Trail
Left Grizzly Gulch Road
Becomes Wagon Road
Right Wilson Camp/Bowl Trail
Left on Lyman Wilson Ridge Trail
Right Hunting Hollow Road
Finish

Sport/Expert Course About 24 miles
Climbing 5000+-
Start Coit Road
Left Cross Canyon Trail
Right Willow Ridge Road
Becomes Crest Trail
Right Kelly Lake Trail
Left Coit Road
Left Wasno Road
Right Tule Pond Trail
Left Grizzly Gulch Road
Right Serpentine Trail
Left Steer Ridge
To Wilson Camp
Right Bowl Trail
Left Lyman Wilson Ridge Trail
Right Hunting Hollow Road
Finish

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow. I'm going to hike up Lyman Wilson ridge trail on race day with my lawn chair and watch the crash fest in that washed out gully. Oh yes there will be blood!
Someone needs to setup a camera there.

Bill

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I havent raced Coe since them old Teddy (mascot) races back in the 90's. I think it said something like "Coe is a Teddy kicker" on the shirt.

Come to think of it, I DNF that race. Maybe this isnt such a good idea for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pre rode the courses on Sat and Sun with a group of riders each day and the course was great! Everyone had a great time and we had no gully issues!

Travis

·
King Of Tooth Tarter
455 Posts
But...

...you climb up Serpentine Trail and don't go down Middle Steer Ridge Trail. That's mystifying. Wouldn't you want to take one of the most awesome downhill single track trails in Henry Coe Park? Strange.

Have fun. Should be a good one.

It seems a bit light for me.

Roy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roy, yeah we know you do those crazy long loops that are not for everyone!
The sport/expert course goes up serpentine after a long trying course, I want everyone to enjoy the race not have to be rescued!i I guarantee you at race pace you will still enjoy this course.Give racing a try the pace isn't the same as trail riding.

See you out there, right? Travis Sluder,course director.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A helmet is a must! I am pre riding the course on Sept 12 & 13 if your interested. Check out the website for details www.svbikeandrunclub.com Other than that sign up and if you don't have a USA cycling card you can purchase a 1 day license for $5 for the event.
It's may be one of last events at Coe if they do close!
Hope to see you at the pre ride! Travis

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
It doesnt go down Spike jones and Tims Trail :cryin:, my fav DH at Coe. They are not the hardest, but I like them the most..........

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
The bottom of cross canyon should be fun for Coe n00bs, as I remember, the trail vanishes a few times.

·
More Torque
2,037 Posts
ziscwg said:
The bottom of cross canyon should be fun for Coe n00bs, as I remember, the trail vanishes a few times.
It's pretty distinct right now, due to the fact that it's getting late in the season, and the track is getting beaten down in the dead grass. I rode KCC + Cross canyon S-->N (opposite to the race direction) last weekend, and there was only one spot where the trail braids in the rocky creek bed and becomes indistinct for 20 feet or so. Either of the two lines gets you back to the same spot.

You're right though, it will be one of the most fun sections of the course for those who have not ridden it.

-D

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
me and 2 others are riding the sport/expert course tomorrow, Sat 9-12 at 9 am HH

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.