Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,
I am in town for a meeting Monday and can't fly out until 11:00 Tuesday morning. If there is a good rental shop in town or someone has an old rigid Bridgestone SS or something lying around and wants to do a dawn ride Tuesday, January 13 to show a Northerner the way I'd be very obliged. I am going to be in Hendersonville for about a month during February and March building the new skatepark and will have my own bike then...:thumbsup: If I can't hook up a ride does anyone have any thoughts on a place for a good XC run in the Asheville area?

Thanks in advance.

·
Slow, Fat and Old
105 Posts
While there are some shops that rent bikes during the summer, I doubt if you would find one open at 6 AM in the winter to rent a bike in time to ride and return it before an 11 AM flight. A lot of people go trail running at Bent Creek, which is just south of Asheville and only about 10 miles from the airport.

·
drunken pirate
1,414 Posts
yeah, you are going to have a hard time getting a bike and ride in that time frame.

a good run would be the shut in trail. start at the beginning and then just turn around whenever you want. a google search should give you all the info you need on the trail. close to hendersonville and the airport.

·
mb3designs
80 Posts
TommyKnocker said:
I am going to be in Hendersonville for about a month during February and March building the new skatepark
:eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: :eekster:
Nice, wish the city would have made this plan happen about 20 yrs ago. When I was a teen, every Saturday they would close a small section of Patton Park off just below the pool area and let us bring our ramps and rails.

Congrats on getting the contract for the job, looking forward to skating and biking in the new park once it's complete:thumbsup:

·
mb3designs
80 Posts
TommyKnocker said:
You ride BMX?
I guess you could call it that:lol: I used to really be into the BMX scene, not so much here lately due to work & other obligations. Plan on doing a few races later in the year. Currently I have 2 GT race bikes. Now that there is going to be a park to ride I guess I need to get a park bike as well:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.