Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big "T"
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa Cruz Syndicate pro, Mark Hendershot, has been racing and training in Australia and New Zeeland since late November. A couple of days ago one of his custom team bikes was stolen in New Zeeland.

Here's a link to a television news story about the theft.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/971910

The rig is a Blur, with Avid/Sram/Rock Shox parts kit. The frame has a white, red and black Syndicate Team paint scheme and may still have a "Mark Hendershot" decal on the top tube.

Mark is offering a reward for the return of his bike.

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Scottytheoneandonly said:
A couple of days ago one of his custom team bikes was stolen in New Zeeland.
ONE of his bikes?? He has more?? You mean my plot to fly to New Zealand and steal Mark's bike so he can't repeat his win at the Burn 24 hour race in NC is ruined? I guess my plan to steal my competitions' bikes to win races is pointless now.

Bike thieves suck.

·
Registered
458 Posts
We were camped right next to him last year at the Burn Race. He had 3 bikes, A, B, C. Pretty sweet.
Now him taking a leak in front of everyone (young kids) several times, and his wife/girlfriend screaming at the top of her lungs "I LOVE YOU BABY!" after every lap, including at 3 A.M. was not so enjoyable. Even my dog was sick of it. He is one strong dude though, no denying that.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I didn't say it was wrong, just really annoying. What WAS wrong, was him urinating in front of the youngins (we're talking about elementary/middle school boys and girls). He didn't even make an effort to conceal himself, he just whipped it out, facing us and went.
Not cool.
Anway, I hope his bike is recovered, but I'm sure he has 2 others in standby.
BTW, you're wife did awesome at that race, and was very encouraging.

·
Cycling, FTW!!
478 Posts
I think Scotty likes watching Mark pee!

Jeez Scotty, I will have to remember to never set up my pit next to yours. I wouldnt want you trying to sneak a peek at me while I'm changing shorts. Ya meat gazer.

BTW, if your actually trying to find your boyfriends bike you might have better luck here-
http://www.vorb.org.nz/forums.html

·
Registered
385 Posts
I watched the video.....does anyone else think it seemed a bit much like an advertisement? I mean the guy's bike was stolen yet they managed to get a bunch of video of him riding. He also got a chance to talk about what a great light weight, full suspension bike it was with all sorts of wonderful features. That's what first came to my mind anyways.....wondering if this was just a hoax to get some promo time on the news.

·
Big "T"
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know Mark. That was hardly an advertisement. Despite his tatooed persona, he's a very laid back and nice guy. He was touring through New Zeeland with his wife on his bike. No fancy factory truck or car. They were camping and enjoying the island very low key. If his bike was stolen he was probably literally left standing on the side of the road without a ride.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Marks a great kid. I was brain dead walking up the trail in the 24 hr worlds and he snuck up on me, and politely said on your left. Now, I don't think I would have been nearly as nice.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I imagine Mark has plenty of back-up bikes in his stable. He's a top, if not the only(?), endurance racer for SC thus the extra bikes.

I'm racing an '07 Blur XC this season myself....sweet ride indeed, so I can sympathize.:cryin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.