Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 2005 KHS AM-2000. Ive upgraded the brakes/rotors, rear shock to dhx-5.0, and now i bought some brand new 2010 Rock Shox Tora 302 U-Turns for 100 bucks unused. I still have my Marzocchi Drop-Offs 130mm travel on it. Is it an upgrade on the Toras or am i wasting my time? Sorry for being newb.I want them to hold up of some drops, nothing crazy tho

·
Think u gon get me? MF!
226 Posts
ehhhh for 100 bucks its worth a try but your rear shock cost triple the price of your fork. overall its a nice fork but not intended for super aggressive AM so if u jump and do drops it prob. wont last long.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have the same bike (2006 model) and have upgraded the forks to RS PIke 454 uturn coil and dhx coil rear. For trail riding it's still a good bike and can take a lot of punishment.

leave the rear at 5 inches travel, also the stock forks should be ok if you can find the sweet spot on the air pressure, (around 82 psi) the tora is lighter and the uturn is a nice feature. It should ride equal to if not better than the stock fork.

Don't for get to wear body armor on the those knar trails!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.