Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im in the market for a new bike, my first full suspension. ive been looking long and hard at big name brands and more costly small brands, im dizzy:confused: . i do like the looks of the ex8, so i guess my question is how is this bike/suspension design, mainly on the ups. also maybe someone here can explane to me why some people make it seem like if you buy a trek your selling your soul to the devil:rolleyes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
It is a very smooth bike. I picked one up at the end of the season and put about 100 miles on it and I'm in love. Adjustable front and rear shocks are great so you can get them tuned just how you like it. Front lockout is nice and the ProPedal does indeed take some of the bob out of the rear shock. The way the rear is designed makes for a very smooth bike. It is an absolute joy to ride.

·
not really an mtbr member
640 Posts
the ex8 is a great bike. and as far as some people and big brands, they're convinced that smaller brands are somehow better-in-touch with what people want and that big, industrial companies are against the spirit of mountain biking. a lot of the time, though, they're trying to justify their more expensive, basically equivalent bike.

another thing about the brand is that you'll see more treks than something like turner or cove, which magically makes them worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.