Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gone riding
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K, so I've decided to make a bit of a webpage to document all of my buggerising about with lighting systems etc, and I've decided to take the plunge and register a domain name and get a decent host, (no adds, pop-ups etc.)

I'd also like to use it as a bit of a information source for tassie riders, and will be running a results page, upcoming events/rides and photo gallery of local races, events etc. I'm hoping for a bit of user interaction - submitting write-ups, photos etc. :)

But - what should I name it?? It will be a dot com or com.au URL, and I was thinking of glowrider.com.au. but I'm not sure if it sounds too corny - my riding buddies are split 50/50 yes/no. :p :D

What do you reckon? Feel free to make a sugestion. ;)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Low_Rider said:
O.K, so I've decided to make a bit of a webpage to document all of my buggerising about with lighting systems etc, and I've decided to take the plunge and register a domain name and get a decent host, (no adds, pop-ups etc.)

I'd also like to use it as a bit of a information source for tassie riders, and will be running a results page, upcoming events/rides and photo gallery of local races, events etc. I'm hoping for a bit of user interaction - submitting write-ups, photos etc. :)

But - what should I name it?? It will be a dot com or com.au URL, and I was thinking of glowrider.com.au. but I'm not sure if it sounds too corny - my riding buddies are split 50/50 yes/no. :p :D

What do you reckon? Feel free to make a sugestion. ;)

Cheers, Dave.
I reccon 'glowrider' is as good as any other name....
You should also make a hotlinks page(like mtbr, but for lights, light parts and light accesories), and maybe a light review section?
Also have FAQ's and things, and maybe even try contact people at Phantom cycles and things and ask them if they want a deal or something?
This has the chance to be pretty cool, especially if you make it Aussie wide!

·
Gone riding
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmm, hotlinks.... done already! I've got a massive links page... :D

Light reviews, well I'm only reviewing parts that I've used so far, but it has scope for expansion.... As for FAQ's, I will be answering any questions I get.... I guess you'l have to see the page to see what I'm on about....

Aussie wide?? I guess by putting it online it instantly becomes world wide!! All of my lighting pages have references to products, people and systems world-wide, but I'm not sure if I have the capability of keeping my finger on the pulse as far as Aussie wide general MTB news..... I'll stick to tassie for now I think.......... ;)

I'm slowly building a list of contacts that I've dealt with, but I might wait off aproaching them until the site is (if it becomes) a success.

Cheers, Dave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts