Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody PLEASE!!! tell what´s the difference between the SGS and the GS version of the XT rear derailleur.What do them mean with Capacity:43 T and Capacity:33 T for each of them. I am a xc rider, which one if better for me?.
Thank u

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
lulo said:
Can somebody PLEASE!!! tell what´s the difference between the SGS and the GS version of the XT rear derailleur.What do them mean with Capacity:43 T and Capacity:33 T for each of them. I am a xc rider, which one if better for me?.
Thank u
SGS is long cage ad GS is medium cage. If you are using a 2x9 drivetrain, use GS if you are using 3x9 drivetrain use SGS.

Capacity refers to the total front and rear difference in teeth on cogs and chainrings the derailleur is able to adjust for. If you have a 11-32 cassette on the rear you need 21 tooth capacity for the rear alone and if you have a 22-32-44 crank you need 22 tooth capacity on the front to give you a total required capcity of 43T.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.