Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First question, will a standard 26" rim/wheel accomodate a high volume tire. I thinking 2.3-2.4? I will be running high volume tires on my ss and was wondering if I should run a high volume in the front and the rear or just in the front? I am considering a 2.4 in the front and 2.1 in the rear. Actually I know I cannot put anything larger than a 2.1 in the rear. The front is not a problem since I've decided to use the Surly fork. Would love any input.

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
-kelly- said:
First question, will a standard 26" rim/wheel accomodate a high volume tire. I thinking 2.3-2.4? I will be running high volume tires on my ss and was wondering if I should run a high volume in the front and the rear or just in the front? I am considering a 2.4 in the front and 2.1 in the rear. Actually I know I cannot put anything larger than a 2.1 in the rear. The front is not a problem since I've decided to use the Surly fork. Would love any input.
A lot of people ride higher volume in the front. I'm running Panaracer Fire FR's (2.4) on the front of both of my bikes and Panaracer Fire XC (2.1) on the back. I have Mavic crosscountry rims on both bikes (517's and disc rims), which are some of the narrower rims out there and they work fine. You shouldn't have any problems. Just need to make sure you have clearance with your fork, but it sounds like you've already researched that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.