Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
sponge_man69 said:
how much sag front and rear???
A couple of things that might help is to post your weight, fork type and rear shock type. '08 uses a different shock than the '07.

Obviously the bantam weight bikers will require a different set-up than the heavy weight bikers...

Beyond that, I got nothin'...

Good luck!

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
I have a '07 with the 3.3+ rear and a WB 100 Magic front. I tried 20% and did not like the feel. I went to 15% and it was much better for me. The terrain you ride will dictate most of the sag amount.

I just installed a Minute 120mm fork and will find what works best, but I am thinking that 20% will be it. I think 25% on a four inch bike is way more than you want, unless you like that squishy water bed feeling.

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
slocaus - I had a MC3.3 on my 5x5 26" bike - I went 25% sag, added some floodgate and found it to be a better solution than 15-20% w/ out floodgate - FWIW.

On the 120 fork - definitely shoot for 25% - just add a little bit of platform and it'll be fine!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm running a Minute 120 on mine and running about 20% sag and get full travel. I have the Monarch 4.2 in the rear. I have the Monarch set at 33% sag full open which gives me plush full use of travel without bottoming out. I found having it set at 25% was too firm and I only get about 80% travel. 33% sag is too soft for climbing so I just switch the flood gate on for a nice firm pedaling platform for climbing.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Interesting. I usually only run about two clicks of platform / floodgate. Long steady fire road climbs I will go up to four.

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
slocaus said:
Interesting. I usually only run about two clicks of platform / floodgate. Long steady fire road climbs I will go up to four.
check - I had 18 clicks on the floodgate (granted, it was a 2006 model IIRC). Checking my setup log, I ran 6 clicks (of course, different bike too).

FWIW - I really liked the MC3.3. My PUSH'ed RP23 is outstanding (aside from the harmonic squeak you get when running ProPedal = but that is not a PUSH issue, just an RP23 characteristic).

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
GreenLightGo said:
check - I had 18 clicks on the floodgate (granted, it was a 2006 model IIRC). Checking my setup log, I ran 6 clicks (of course, different bike too).

FWIW - I really liked the MC3.3. My PUSH'ed RP23 is outstanding (aside from the harmonic squeak you get when running ProPedal = but that is not a PUSH issue, just an RP23 characteristic).
I will try it. I will check sag with the new fork. I ran the same sag front and rear with the 100mm fork, but with the 120mm, I suspect that I will run more sag front than rear.

@sponge_man69 - what length Reba do you have on the front?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.