Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am getting a V10 and the top tubes dent very easy because of the hydro form where can I get the bumpers that stick to the frame.

PS or will the stock boxxer bumpers work and can you post pics of V10s with 04-02 boxxers on them i just would like to see what the bike looks like with them.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
yetirider1989 said:
what are those little rubber bumbers called that stick to the frame
Rubber bumpers perhaps?

Just use the stock bumpers on the boxxer if that's the fork you're using. The only thing you really need is a bit of protection against slamming the stanchions into the frame and the bumpers on the Boxxer are more than adequate. Also, make sure that your top crown is spaced so that it doesn't interfere with the top tube. OR if contact is unpreventable, like SMT said, just get a piece of tire and ziptie it to the crown. Lots of people do that and it works fine.

·
Absurd
919 Posts
yetirider1989 said:
Hey I am getting a V10 and the top tubes dent very easy because of the hydro form where can I get the bumpers that stick to the frame.

PS or will the stock boxxer bumpers work and can you post pics of V10s with 04-02 boxxers on them i just would like to see what the bike looks like with them.
I wouldnt worry too much about the tube denting easily, I've smashed mine against the rocks pretty hard with no problems. I'd treat it just like anyother frame, use the stock bumpers on the boxxers, or like SMT said, wrap an old tire or tube around the stantions. You'd probably dent them before you'd dent the frame.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
In my experience hydroformed toptubes, like the V10 & Big Hit have, dent really easy. One tip that was given to me by other Big Hit riders and Specialized was to move the fork bumper so that it hits on the downtube or on the downtube/headtube joint (see pic). So far and after many crashes, I have not gotten another dent in my toptube with the stock bumpers on any fork I've run, be it a Monster T, Shiver or my current Boxxer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.