Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of what the best SPANDEX racing attire out there is. Please post pics as I am critical to style, not just that tight fit I love so much....makes me race so hard:D

Onto the '09 season of racing!!! BOOOOOORRRRRAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
makes me race so hard
racing hard is a good thing, because you are doing a good effort; but it can also be uncomfortable...
Fox lycras are good, and luca lycras seem good (never tried them). As for the shirt, you should get an unique one, so you stand out more (unlike people who wear road team jerseys to mtb races).

·
Registered
682 Posts
As someone with such obviously refined taste, I'm sure you are aware that price is a reflection of quality. With that in mind, your only choice should be a $220 R&R jersey. It costs 3 times as much as any other decent jersey, so it must be 3 times as good, right?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Asking for the best fitting brand attire is like asking "what is the best saddle out there?"

I love my Specialized Toupe; one of my riding buds rode half hour on one, had to finish the ride standing, then returned it.

Some people love Pearl Izumi, some love Castelli, some love Louis Garneau. One of my buds won't wear anything but PI Microsensor Bibs, he's got like 5 pairs of them.

Some of it might depend on body shape as well. I have a hard time finding good fitting shorts. I have 24" thighs but am only 5'10", 165ish. Therefore I need a large sometimes, but then it winds up being too long on the thighs.

So I scour the shelves for a loose fitting medium if I can find one....then every brand is different, and different models within the brand are different. I also have no preference for bibs or shorts either, they both seem the same to me except one is harder to get your johnson through to pee.

I'm currently riding Louis Garneau (for the mountain team), and Castelli (for the road club) and they all seem like really good stuff.

·
Recovering Roadie
6 Posts
D-G said:
I am in need of what the best SPANDEX racing attire out there is. Please post pics as I am critical to style, not just that tight fit I love so much....makes me race so hard:D

Onto the '09 season of racing!!! BOOOOOORRRRRAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sugoi jerseys are really nice. I picked up the griffin on CL for about $30 and it has a great, relaxed fit. For shorts I'm a big fan of descente since their chamois is really well put together and the Lycra holds fast under rough treatment!

I'm a roadie/crosser mainly, so take my advice with a pinch o salt.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
ASSOS is clearly the best, clearly there materials are far above the rest. Other brands may have style or we may have a preference twards certain brand names...but. There draw back is the expence $$$$$. Just do the research. The expence of Assos are in the materials and Rock Racing is there expence with marketing and overpriced good looks, my 2 cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.