Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from a hardtail 29er, I just bought a FS 26er (see this thread). Now I need a bit of help setting up the shocks.

It has a Fox Float RL on the front and a Fox Float RP3 on the back.

I will obviously go thru the manuals but I know from experience with my Reba that the manual was kind of wrong.

I am about 175lbs and on the 29er I have the Reba set to about 115 +ve and 105 -ve or a little bit less. It is not very compliant on small bumps but it works for me on the bigger stuff.

Any tips on tuning these Fox forks? I like more of a sports car feel than a cadillac feel, if that means anything.

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
pinkheadedbug said:
Coming from a hardtail 29er, I just bought a FS 26er (see this thread). Now I need a bit of help setting up the shocks.

It has a Fox Float RL on the front and a Fox Float RP3 on the back.

I will obviously go thru the manuals but I know from experience with my Reba that the manual was kind of wrong.

I am about 175lbs and on the 29er I have the Reba set to about 115 +ve and 105 -ve or a little bit less. It is not very compliant on small bumps but it works for me on the bigger stuff.

Any tips on tuning these Fox forks? I like more of a sports car feel than a cadillac feel, if that means anything.
Both these suspension elements are about as simple as suspension tuning could be. Just pump up the positive chambers until you get the ride quality you want. Keep the pro pedal at + on the RP3 for a stabler rear.

_MK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.