Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have an older aeon Ellsworth Isis. It is is a 2001 model I think. I had a fox racing shox float r on it. It now doesn't hold air so I purchased an expensive coil shock off eBay. The bolts that go into the holes are too big on this new shock. They are 8 mm and I believe the holes on my my bike are 5 mm. Is there some type of adapters I can put in there to have the sizes be compatible? I'm not looking to spend alot of money right now as my riding is very limited with 2 young boys.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks joules. The holes I meant were the holes on the frame of the bike. My iPhone cam is not working or I would take the pic. The holes are on the frame of the bike where the shock is attached. I think the area where you measure "eye to eye". The new shock has holes that are bigger and the new bolts won't even fit thorough the holes. I hope that makes a little more sense

·
Registered
704 Posts
I believe what you are saying is that the hardware size for the new shock is 8mm vs 5mm for the old shock. It maybe be possible to change the reducers on the new shock to the smaller ones and use the old hardware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hey pc mark I found the hardware kit here at Fox Rear Shock Hardware Kits | Fox Racing Shox | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

Would I just put those spacers in the new shock and be able to attach it with the old bolts?
Yes, assuming the mounting width is the same, you would use the 6mm vs the 8mm. For example, the top one has a hole for a 6mm bolt, the bottom has a hole for an 8mm bolt. Your old mounting bolts should be 6mm. I'd double check, but that should be correct.

803-03-017 - 6mm, Mounting Width: .62" (15.75mm)
803-03-034 - 8mm, Mounting Width: .62" (15.75mm)

Note: I'm not saying these are the correct part numbers, just an example from the page you linked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are not both fox. The old fox shock used 803-03-000 on the listed price point page linked above. The new shock is this one listed on eBay ****************Qpn7Dt
From those details which hardware kit would I need? I really appreciate all the answers I'm getting guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.