Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post here, but have been lurking a while.

I'm buying a leftover 2006 Cannondale Rush 600 (happy day) which has pedals with clip-less SPD surfaces on both sides. I have the Shimano M324 pedals on my 2000 Cannondale F-(something or other) that are SPD clip-less on one side and platform on the other.

I like the concept of the pedals, but they seem to never be oriented the same, I always have to give them a turn with my toe to clip in (or not).

Are there platform/clipless pedals that are weighted one way or another so that they are always oriented the same? I think I'd like to put them on the Rush.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Get dual sided clipless platforms

Shimano, Time, and Crank Bros all make a dual sided platform pedal with a clipless mechanism in the middle. I have owned both Shimano SPD-M545 and Crank Bros Mallet C pedals and like the Mallets better for mud clearance. Also, when riding w/o clipless shoes, the Crank Bros are WAY better...you can't even tell there is a clipless mechanism under your foot.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thanks, but there are times (in traffic, in sand, on ice or packed snow, etc.) when I'd like to un-clip but continue to ride, using the platform side of the pedal, and then clip-in again, if that makes sense.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.