Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with a new wheelset. I’m currently running Sun RynoLite XL rims laced to XT Disc Hubs, Stan’s No Tubes and Panaracer Cinder 2.3 tires. Is there a lighter but comparable in strength wheelset out there? I’m 190lb aggressive rider hitting 1-5 foot jumps and drops. I’m riding a built up 01 EnduroPro which weighs in around 33lbs and I was hoping to lighten it up some. I have a budget around $500.00.

Thanks for your advice.

·
Code Burr
1,382 Posts
enduroprorider said:
I need help with a new wheelset. I?m currently running Sun RynoLite XL rims laced to XT Disc Hubs, Stan?s No Tubes and Panaracer Cinder 2.3 tires. Is there a lighter but comparable in strength wheelset out there? I?m 190lb aggressive rider hitting 1-5 foot jumps and drops. I?m riding a built up 01 EnduroPro which weighs in around 33lbs and I was hoping to lighten it up some. I have a budget around $500.00.

Thanks for your advice.
The rhynolites are pretty durable for a pinned joint rim, but I would recommend something like the mavic 823 or DT freeride rim. Hope XC's with steel freehub are plenty durable and real affordable. You should be able to get those for around $400. I would get straight guage on the short and db on the long sides. I prefer a stiff wheel over a light one. I like the way they brake, track, hold a line, and accelerate better than butted spokes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.