Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, am a total newb, but am doing my best to read posts and learn. However , I just bought a 2013 Honzo ST and it says it comes with a Roxshox Revelation RL fork 120mm. My question is 120mm the only travel I can get out of this as some forks are or can I adjust to make it 140mm. Thanks ahead for any info anybody can give. Also, is this a solo or dual air...whatever the hell that means. Thanks!!!

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Travel, I dunno.

For the spring, I'd be shocked if it's dual air. By 2013, that system was pretty much gone. It refers to whether the negative spring is filled by a separate valve or internally, from the main air chamber. There should be a sticker on the air spring side but you may also be able to tell by looking at the bottom of the air spring leg. No valve makes it solo air. A valve being present is a little ambiguous.

If your fork is solo air, set sag and dial in your air spring pressure via the valve on the top of the leg and be happy. :) Dual air presents some more tuning possibilities and has a cult following but RS has pretty much abandoned it.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
... I just bought a 2013 Honzo ST and it says it comes with a Roxshox Revelation RL fork 120mm. My question is 120mm the only travel I can get out of this as some forks are or can I adjust to make it 140mm. Thanks ahead for any info anybody can give. Also, is this a solo or dual air...whatever the hell that means. Thanks!!!
According to this, they are solo air. It means you only have one air pressure adjustment to worry about - set to get ~25% sag.

You can change the travel of many solo air forks by fitting a different air spring shaft - probably yours, too, but you would need to check the part numbers of the uppers and lowers in case the ones on your bike are OE specials. There's a link to the spare parts catalogue at the bottom of this page (it's big!), along with the service manuals, etc.

If you are a 'newb', then I'd suggest giving the bike 6 months, or so before changing anything to get used to off-road riding and how the bike feels. Depending on how many things you want to change, it might make more sense to change bikes, rather than upgrade.

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts