Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've owned the Marwi Nightpro helmet light for 2 years now. Great light for the money, never had any issues, unlike the more expensive cygolite I use on my bars.

Ant

·
Registered
254 Posts
I currently have a nitepro elite and a titan and have previously owned the nightpro. The elite is an excellent helmet light for the money. Its simple battery and light setup is really nice because its hard to forget something when you pack up early for a trip plus with only two pieces, there is less to go wrong.

The nightpro was nice but I found that I never used both of its lights at once, the high beam completely washed out the wide angle so it wasn't really necessary. Also, with the nightpro, when it gets super cold (below 5-10 degrees) the glue holding the bottle battery together falls apart. This was more of a nuisance than anything because the pack never came apart while riding.

The titan is nice with its varying light output. My only gripe with it is that the battery is kind of heavy but if you use a camelback you shouldn't have a problem but in a jersey pocket its sort of a pain. This is the light that I use for all of my commuting and it has proved reliable.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Marwi question

I use the NightPro Elite as well. If you are looking for an inexpensive quality halogen set up I think the NP Elites are great. However the Elite is usually marketed as a helmet light which was not a great idea as the standard bulb is usually a 12 watt 20degree flood pattern bulb. Not great as a helmet light but works great on the handlebars. The nice thing about the Elite set up ( vs. other cheaper halogens ) is that the Elite has a tilting feature. Also replacement or up-graded (Marwi) bulbs are easy to buy and install. I'll also note that BatterySpace.com sells an up-graded form of the NP Elite that has been adapted to their 7.4 volt Li-Ion battery. This over volts the bulb a tad ( making it brighter ) as well as giving you a longer run time. BatterySpace also sells other Marwi adapters such as the Handlebar mounts and the helmet mounts. If you buy a BS set up for bar use buy also the handle bar mount adapter. If you plan using for helmet then buy a Marwi 12watt 10 degree spot bulb at another web site. For just over $200 you can buy a complete overvolted helmet/handlebar combo from BatterySpace and have a light setup worthy of any single track. ( note: if you plan on upgrading to a brighter bulb at a later date then consider ordering with a larger cap. battery...6000mah or more ) I use 12watt handlebar and helmet. I see no reason to up grade to a brighter bulb...as yet. More questions?? ask again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.