Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in the alps last week, and on the last day had a problem (well not sure if its a problem or not yet!!) with my F100RLC

I had just washed the bike, then rode back to the campsite to pack it up for the flight home. While the bike was upside down, i noticed that the seal and foam ring on the L leg had moved up the stanchion, and some oil had leaked down the leg. Not sure why the seal had moved, but the bikes had been in a hot car all day, then i washed them, and rode it a 1/2 mile on the road. The seal may have moved while i was bouncing the forks (as you do!!) on the ride back. Anyway i didnt notice it until the bike was upside down and some oil had leaked down the leg.

Is this oil from somewhere important, or is it just the oil that the foam ring is lubed with. I'm not sure how much oil came out, i just noticed it had run down the fork leg and dripped onto the bars.

Its the L leg, with the preload air valve on, so not sure what oil chambers are on this side.

Any advice / things to check greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
934 Posts
Sounds like a very common problem to me. It seems as though blown seals are common from what I have heard and seen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts