Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a LBS looking at a Specialized Hardrock Disk and Hardrock Sport Disk. They also had me ride a Giant Rincon and Cannondale F8. I'm still leaning towards the Specialized but all three felt very similar. Is there anything that makes one of these brands better that wouldn't be obvious to a noob like me? Quality, reputation, customer service, willingness to honor warranty issues? The shops opinion was that they were all similar in features and quality so how it felt under me was the most important.

·
Granny Gear Guru
399 Posts
Go with the one that feels the best. If you know what to look for..... if not, go with the one that looks the best.... hard to really go wrong choosing between those bikes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
different mfr have different geometry. try the different mfr and see which one fits you the most. i personally prefer specialized over the other two because it has a great resale value because it is so popular (like trek & apple iphone).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. You've cured my anxiety. I'm probably going with the Hardrock sport disk. The shop has no more 2010's in the frame size I need so I guess It'll be a 2011 which is nice because it is nicer looking.

·
No longer a hardtailkid.
1,830 Posts
Of those, the Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc is the best. Is the F8 the only Cannondale they have?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hardtailkid said:
Of those, the Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc is the best. Is the F8 the only Cannondale they have?
No I'm sure it wasn't, but its the one he brought out to compare with the others. I told him min the begining that I was trying to cap out around $500. I know the specialized sport disk will be a wee bit more. I don't know what other Cannondales he had but he carries a huge selection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts