Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there! My very first thread in here, straight out of Brazil!

Cheers to all.

I need some advice with some Edge 705 troubleshooting I´ve experienced.

My altimeter is dead, I supose :)... It´s showing no data at all. I shut it down and powered it on again, but still the same: no elevation shown. I tried to let it standing still in a open, clear place for about an hour, but nothing happened.

Any advice? Maybe a reset? Anyone have ever seen it happen? I can assure you guys I never ever have a crash with it, or any other kinf of phisical impact. All it got was it´s stem mount place, and my XC regular shaking trough the dirt.

I apreciate your ideas.

Tks in advance! :thumbsup:

·
Exactly 1/2 of 2-Epic
750 Posts
edinho said:
Hello there! My very first thread in here, straight out of Brazil!

Cheers to all.

I need some advice with some Edge 705 troubleshooting I´ve experienced.

My altimeter is dead, I supose :)... It´s showing no data at all. I shut it down and powered it on again, but still the same: no elevation shown. I tried to let it standing still in a open, clear place for about an hour, but nothing happened.

Any advice? Maybe a reset? Anyone have ever seen it happen? I can assure you guys I never ever have a crash with it, or any other kinf of phisical impact. All it got was it´s stem mount place, and my XC regular shaking trough the dirt.

I apreciate your ideas.

Tks in advance! :thumbsup:
I had a similar problem where the elevation was reading about 5k off actual. Here's the response I got from Garmin:

I would suggest leaving the unit on for about 15-20 minutes and if the elevation doesn't correct do the reset below.

To perform a master reset, please follow the steps below:

1.Make sure the unit is powered off.
2.Press and hold the ?Mode? button in.
3.While holding ?Mode? turn the unit on.

The unit will ask you if you would like to erase all user data. Please go to yes and hit enter.​

I think it will erase all of your data but not sure - if you try this be sure to copy all your data to your PC first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geoman, tks for your worries about it.

I tried to do what hairball said, but it didn´t work.

I don´t know what else to do, and a new problem just came in: my heart rate alert is not working properly. It´s all messed up, and following its own parameters (the low heart rate is ok, but the high heart rate is beeping when it feels like to).

Garmin, help! I´m in Brazil, what can I do?

·
GeoMan
1,706 Posts
edinho said:
Garmin, help! I´m in Brazil, what can I do?
"Garmin International’s United States office supports locations in North, Central and South America. To set up repair outside of the United States, you will need to contact Garmin’s customer support directly at 913-397-8200 between the hours of 8am and 7pm CST Monday through Friday."​

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geoman, tks again!

I looked up at Garmin´s website, and there are four or five authorized dealers/assists in my state. I´ll try to contact them first, to see what happens.

Merry Xmas!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you have the latest firmware? In version 2.50, they fixed an altimeter issue. Mine was stuck at a high elevation until I installed it. May be different problem but worth trying.

Fixed inaccurate elevation when moving to and from areas with distinctly different altitudes or atmospheric pressures.
Fixed barometer initialization issues in situations where the unit is turned off and back on within 5 minutes in the same location.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3987

1 - 8 of 8 Posts