Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get a gold black and blue color scheme going on my 09 Glory.

So far Ive ordered a gold salsa seat clamp and some gold odi clamps and theres some gold on the derailer, shifter, hubs, brakes.

I cant decide whether to go with the burnt gold or regular gold.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
don't over color match.. it ends up looking really silly. a nice color with a couple of accents is solid. I think with the blue rims the glory is already pushing the "i'm a douche that matches everything too much" boundary. I'd go with some black pedals.. don't get a black, gold and blue jersey/helmet and pads.. just chill out - take a step back and think.. what actually looks good and not retarded?.. once you do that you'll be set.

·
Registered
985 Posts
ryan_daugherty said:
don't over color match.. it ends up looking really silly. a nice color with a couple of accents is solid. I think with the blue rims the glory is already pushing the "i'm a douche that matches everything too much" boundary. I'd go with some black pedals.. don't get a black, gold and blue jersey/helmet and pads.. just chill out - take a step back and think.. what actually looks good and not retarded?.. once you do that you'll be set.
Agreed.

Or, you can not focus on the stuff that isn't too important and just throw some of the pink or purple pedals on it and focus on just riding that sick beast of a bike. Unless of course you are somewhere that is stupid cold right now, unlike me who is in Tucson where it was in the 70's today. Either way, keep it clean and simple and most of all, enjoy the sh!t out of that bike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the last thing I'm going to be changing on the bike. So its either Gold, Burnt Gold, or blue. I actually NEED pedals, im borrowing some right now but I got to give them back so why not make it look good.

I dont think Im overly color matching either, theres really not much gold its just little bits of it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
keep it simple or it will look really gay like the white bikes people are/were doing.

Maybe a gold member race face atlus bar, the seat clamp and pedals. Anything more than that and your bike will look silly. Gold rims will certainly overdue it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.