Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm completely new to mountain biking (Also first post here, so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong here ;)) and fairly new to biking in general. I'm trying to buy a new one and I was wondering whether or not this deal would be worth it: Sweet mountain bike! Specialized REDUCED
The seller said he doesn't know what year it is, just that he got it from a friend in 2007 and overhauled it for $300 and hasn't ridden it since. Do you guys think this would be a good deal?

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's a late 90's model. I think you can do better in Vancouver( I'm, in Bellingham, and look at Van. CL all the time) I would advise a Hardtail, with a quality fork and brakes for your first MTB in that price range.
MTB geometry has changed alot on the 10+ years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a late 90's model. I think you can do better in Vancouver( I'm, in Bellingham, and look at Van. CL all the time) I would advise a Hardtail, with a quality fork and brakes for your first MTB in that price range.
MTB geometry has changed alot on the 10+ years.
Okay, thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, not sure how I missed those ones. Thanks so much for finding them lol. I'm liking the Rockhopper, but it almost looks too good to be true. Is it normal to sell a 2012 bike for that cheap? All of the rest seem to need a bit of maintenance. Considering I'm pretty new, I kind of want one that would be useable right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts