Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can put the rear wheel mounting brackets that are on the new monocog flights or the ones on the kona single speed frames on a regular monocog. They are the ones that look like once you set there location for chain tension you can remove the wheel without having to adjust every time. I am sure they have a name but its all new to me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I believe you are referring to the sliding dropouts on the flight. the regular monocogs have track fork ends (open ended) so I dont think it will work for you.even if you found a way, since it is not designed for use in that manner you run the risk of a nice crash if those things come sliding out.not an expert, just my 2 pennies. I have the base 29er and once you get the hang of setting the wheel, its not so bad.

·
donkey
263 Posts
Nope, its not possible. Take a close look at the frame and this becomes pretty apparent. You might be able to have sliders welded to the frame, but that might be a little too expensive (depending on your budget). A complication with that route is that the monocog drop-outs are huge plate style things with the disc tabs integrated, so a lower profile sliding system (ex. paragon) might have a tough time filling that void without some extensive frame work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.